Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey, currently looking at oxford Brookes for sport and exercise science and was wondering if anyone (preferably current students not the ambassadors) has any reviews or opinions on the uni. Specifically looking at teaching quality, student support etc.

There’s some pretty horrific reviews on other websites and here so have gotten a bit worried about the uni as a whole so hopefully someone can offer some insight.
Thank you!
Oxford Brookes University
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Hey, currently looking at oxford Brookes for sport and exercise science and was wondering if anyone (preferably current students not the ambassadors) has any reviews or opinions on the uni. Specifically looking at teaching quality, student support etc.

There’s some pretty horrific reviews on other websites and here so have gotten a bit worried about the uni as a whole so hopefully someone can offer some insight.
Thank you!
Hi,

I am a current student at Oxford Brookes and am going into my 3rd year studying Adult Nursing, so I can not comment on Sport and Exercise Science, however there is a lot of information on the website about the course which you can see using this link; https://www.brookes.ac.uk/courses/un...ercise-science

I can tell you that even through this pandemic, the teaching has been ok, it has been hard for all to adjust so quickly so we have all had to learn as we went along. It is more convenient having online teaching as it does mean that if you are isolating or shielding, you do not have to miss out or defer.

I have hidden disabilities and am a mature student and can not fault the help and support that I have received from the staff not only at our Swindon campus (were I attend) but online and telephone support from the Oxford Campus teams.

I have also used the Student Support services and they have helped me with all my enquiries or directed me to someone who can help if they can't.

The only other service I have used is the centre for academic development, which was a big help with my academic writing as I hadn't done this since I left school in 2000!

I hope that this helps and please feel free to ask any other questions.

Bekki
PhillF
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Re the quality of Oxford Brookes, my comment would be ...avoid at all costs. Incompetent admin, lazy lecturers, invisible support. Enough said. My son has just finished his second year doing engineering and he is thinking of switching to Derby for his final year and then an MSc. OB was sold to us on the quality of its workshops and labs but they have remained closed all year - even though many other universities opened up their facilities back in January. Also, they were supposed to move all the maths and engineering facilities from Wheatley campus (old and decrepid) to the main campus two years ago, but this hasn;t happened. So, when lectures and workshops finally open up, my son will have to spend two hours a day on buses (Note: the first bus in the morning is alwways late so everyone misses the first 20 mins of the lecture!). As I said, send your son or daughter elsewhere
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.7%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
15.98%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
17.01%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (28)
14.43%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (53)
27.32%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (36)
18.56%

Watched Threads