Shadowracerz
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, I received a UCAT score of 2920 which I’m overjoyed with, and a band 2 in SJ. Is there any unis I shouldn’t applied to based on the SJ? What unis take it into consideration?
turkeydinosaur16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Shadowracerz)
Hello, I received a UCAT score of 2920 which I’m overjoyed with, and a band 2 in SJ. Is there any unis I shouldn’t applied to based on the SJ? What unis take it into consideration?
Congratulations! I think you'd be fine with any university to be honest. I also got band 2 and I'm going to Birmingham in September which used SJT as 25% of the interview score this year which is high (It may have changed as the interview format was different due to restrictions). Most universities don't use SJT to decide who gets an interview but instead use it at the interview stage to decide who gets a place. Interview performance forms a much higher proportion of the score than SJT so as a stand alone piece of information it won't prevent you from applying anywhere but obviously the more its used, the better your performance at interview has to be as you're competing with some applicants with band 1.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads