The Student Room Group

Access course final grades

Is anyone else really nervous about the ratification process? I received 39 distinctions and 6 merits from the tutors but worrying if they will change! anyone else in the same boat?
Original post by nutellaforlife
Is anyone else really nervous about the ratification process? I received 39 distinctions and 6 merits from the tutors but worrying if they will change! anyone else in the same boat?

@nutellaforlife have your training provider given you a date as to when they will be finalised?

Hi and well done,

I finished mine this year and we had our preliminary back in June and the assessor was coming in July, with final results 31st July - I applied to university and on Thursday got my email to say I had a confirmed place - I knew I didn’t have to worry because I had done the rest of the work the assessor wanted (OneNote was full of notes, mind maps etc) where as some of my fellow students didn’t use OneNote (too arbitrary they said!) and have the same panic..

I said to them if you have done what else we were told you shouldn’t worry… what qualifications do you need for your university entry?

I am sure you were diligent enough to have listened to your tutors (when we went into lockdown we had to go from A4 file at the end of the course to OneNote) and have nothing to worry about, but it’s human nature to worry right!
Original post by JemimaJ24
Hi and well done,

I finished mine this year and we had our preliminary back in June and the assessor was coming in July, with final results 31st July - I applied to university and on Thursday got my email to say I had a confirmed place - I knew I didn’t have to worry because I had done the rest of the work the assessor wanted (OneNote was full of notes, mind maps etc) where as some of my fellow students didn’t use OneNote (too arbitrary they said!) and have the same panic..

I said to them if you have done what else we were told you shouldn’t worry… what qualifications do you need for your university entry?

I am sure you were diligent enough to have listened to your tutors (when we went into lockdown we had to go from A4 file at the end of the course to OneNote) and have nothing to worry about, but it’s human nature to worry right!

Mine was all online and didnt have tutor support. The grades I need is 33 distinctions! did your grades change at all after being ratified?
Mine was all online and didnt have tutor support. The grades I need is 33 distinctions! did your grades change at all after being ratified?

Hi,

Nothing has changed for me as my place at university is confirmed now. I am sure you will be absolutely fine but I know until you are told for certain it is natural to worry..

Try not to worry it won’t be long until you get your official results - I know most of my classmates are still waiting for their results and some are more worried than others, so we all deal with this in a different manner.

Good luck and hope you get the course you want this year ;-)
Reply 5

Hi Jemima! When I did my Access course nothing changed in the ratification process. I think it's the same for any sort of examination process - the results are almost always provisional, at least officially, and subject to some form of external review. If you're particularly concerned you could ask your course administrator how many marks needed to be changed last year. But your college will be doing all they can to make sure they are awarding the appropriate grades to minimise the embarrassment that a large number of changes would cause them, therefore the chances of anything changing are rather small.

I achieved exactly the same as you 39D, 6M. My grades didnt change at all during moderation and were confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Annoying that we have to wait until 10th August for all the A-level/BTEC results for unis to change conditional offers to accepted though
Original post by dangermau5e
I achieved exactly the same as you 39D, 6M. My grades didnt change at all during moderation and were confirmed a couple of weeks ago. Annoying that we have to wait until 10th August for all the A-level/BTEC results for unis to change conditional offers to accepted though

I get mine on the 10th :c How long before the transcript come?
Original post by riiiky
Hi Jemima! When I did my Access course nothing changed in the ratification process. I think it's the same for any sort of examination process - the results are almost always provisional, at least officially, and subject to some form of external review. If you're particularly concerned you could ask your course administrator how many marks needed to be changed last year. But your college will be doing all they can to make sure they are awarding the appropriate grades to minimise the embarrassment that a large number of changes would cause them, therefore the chances of anything changing are rather small.

Hi,

I have had my place confirmed already and so I am one of the lucky ones who does not have to worry, but I know some of my classmates will be because they didn’t listen to our tutors even on the last day about the things they needed to complete - one student even refused to fill their OneNote with the required assignments etc - their attitude was “my work is in Turnitin”!

I have a place on the course I wanted and have sorted out my disabled parking and my student support so am already to go now - have got my university email account up and running and changed my Teams over (all a big deal when you in your 50”s and new to things like Teams)! ;-)
Reply 9
Don't sweat it - Grades get changed very rarely in my experience - from Access through to Uni. You'll be all good!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending