april_m
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am starting year 12 this September and will hopefully be able to do an EPQ, as a part of my summer work I have been asked to think up ideas for EPQ questions. I have made one I like but I am not sure if it would be too niche and was wondering if anyone could let me know what they thought, the question would be:

“Was it Hitler’s psychological state the reason for his harsh dictatorship or was it due to other factors?”
Thank you!
April.
BlueEyedGirl_
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by april_m)
Hi, I am starting year 12 this September and will hopefully be able to do an EPQ, as a part of my summer work I have been asked to think up ideas for EPQ questions. I have made one I like but I am not sure if it would be too niche and was wondering if anyone could let me know what they thought, the question would be:

“Was it Hitler’s psychological state the reason for his harsh dictatorship or was it due to other factors?”
Thank you!
April.
This does seem quite niche, but I think I the key is going to be whether you’ve done research and found there’s enough to answer this question. Is there enough about Hitler’s psychological state to make a strong argument either way? Equally, what other factors would you consider?
HannahB04
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I’ve just finished year 12 and haven’t done the EPQ so don’t know too much about it but maybe reword the question to a ‘To what extent’ question perhaps? So maybe something along the lines of ‘To what extent is Hitlers psychological state the main reason for his harsh dictatorship’. Like I said I don’t know the full requirements of the EPQ but I think your idea could be really good. Hope your EPQ and year 12 goes ok!
april_m
Rep:
?
(Original post by BlueEyedGirl_)
This does seem quite niche, but I think I the key is going to be whether you’ve done research and found there’s enough to answer this question. Is there enough about Hitler’s psychological state to make a strong argument either way? Equally, what other factors would you consider?
Hi, thank you for your reply when looking at some articles I did struggle to find other factors, I think I’m going to reconsider how to approach this!! Thank you so much for the advice!
april_m
Rep:
?
(Original post by HannahB04)
Hi, I’ve just finished year 12 and haven’t done the EPQ so don’t know too much about it but maybe reword the question to a ‘To what extent’ question perhaps? So maybe something along the lines of ‘To what extent is Hitlers psychological state the main reason for his harsh dictatorship’. Like I said I don’t know the full requirements of the EPQ but I think your idea could be really good. Hope your EPQ and year 12 goes ok!
Hi thank you for your reply, this seems like a much better way to approach the question! Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise