Mayflower2809
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Recently I’ve decided I feel as if I’ve chosen the wrong uni as my firm and insurance choices. I went visit the city and the area and it didn’t feel right for me. I declined the offer of the uni I now have realised I want to go to. However I was wondering if it’s too late to go through clearing or if that is even an option for me now. I know I want to go to uni but my choices are not the place I want to be. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. Thanks!
thegalaxy
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mayflower2809)
Recently I’ve decided I feel as if I’ve chosen the wrong uni as my firm and insurance choices. I went visit the city and the area and it didn’t feel right for me. I declined the offer of the uni I now have realised I want to go to. However I was wondering if it’s too late to go through clearing or if that is even an option for me now. I know I want to go to uni but my choices are not the place I want to be. If anyone has any advice it would be appreciated. Thanks!
If the university you want to go to has places available in Clearing on results day, you can apply there. You'll have to decline your firm/insurance first (on results day at this stage) before applying elsewhere so you need to be absolutely certain this is what you want to do.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Contact the university that you declined today and ask if they will honour your offer if you applied back to them through clearing
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Mayflower2809)
Hi Mayflower2809

Please don't worry. You definitely won't be the only student reconsidering their options at the moment.

It's definitely not too late to apply through Clearing at all. As a few other people have mentioned, I'd pick up the phone and give the uni you want to go to a call, sooner rather than later since it's results day next week so universities are bound to get an influx of calls then.

I'd explain your situation and explain why you think that university is right for you after all. They might not have places left on the course you want to study.... but they might, so the sooner you call, the sooner you'll have your answer. Yes, calling universities can be intimidating but remember, the person on the other end of the phone is just a person too... and they'll probably be friendly, nice and will want to help.

Thanks and good luck!

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.41%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
18.92%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.81%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
8.11%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (13)
35.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
21.62%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise