The Student Room Group
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

University of Southampton admissions

Hello!

I have a conditional offer to study MEng Electronic Engineering with Nanotechnology at the University of Southampton. I already sat my end-of-high-school exams and I meet my conditions.
As soon as I got my results back, I sent an email to the enquires team with my marks, because back then I didn't know the contact details of the admissions department. That was on 7th of July. On 13th they emailed me back and told me they forwarded my email to the admissions team. On 15th I decided to email them directly. I got an automatic reply telling me that they will get in touch in around 10 working days. I also tried to call them. I ended up calling them 10 times (not kidding) and every time no one answered. On 27th I sent them another email with a scanned copy of my certificate with my marks. This time I didn't get any automatic message.
Could someone please tell me what should I do to reach them or at least to confirm my place at the university? Am I supposed to do completely something else? Is there a portal where I should upload my certificate?

Thank you!
Original post by Matrix22
Hello!

I have a conditional offer to study MEng Electronic Engineering with Nanotechnology at the University of Southampton. I already sat my end-of-high-school exams and I meet my conditions.
As soon as I got my results back, I sent an email to the enquires team with my marks, because back then I didn't know the contact details of the admissions department. That was on 7th of July. On 13th they emailed me back and told me they forwarded my email to the admissions team. On 15th I decided to email them directly. I got an automatic reply telling me that they will get in touch in around 10 working days. I also tried to call them. I ended up calling them 10 times (not kidding) and every time no one answered. On 27th I sent them another email with a scanned copy of my certificate with my marks. This time I didn't get any automatic message.
Could someone please tell me what should I do to reach them or at least to confirm my place at the university? Am I supposed to do completely something else? Is there a portal where I should upload my certificate?

Thank you!

I'm assuming that you're an international applicant (since this would be done automatically if you were a domestic applicant). It may well have been sorted already since they told you that they have forwarded your email to the admissions team, but I agree that it's reasonable to expect confirmation of receipt from admissions and they are late in responding. I'm not at Southampton so I don't know if they have some internal system but even if they did, I'd have expected them to have told you this by now. What number did you call (and when did you call them)?
(edited 2 years ago)
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
If the phone isn’t being answered then you can always ring the main switchboard phone number and ask to be transferred. Or use the chat option on the website.

Try contacting the international team https://www.southampton.ac.uk/global-connections/international-office-team.page they will be able to chase for answers on your behalf
Reply 3
Thank you for your replies! I got it all sorted out. I've just received an email from the admissions team telling me that my place is confirmed.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending