Can I withdraw from a room and get my deposit back in time to book another room?

Watch
Sofxty
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I've decided to move to another room before going to uni. as in.. live in a completely different place to what I originally planned. It would be better for me financially! And I know its last minute but I just need reassurance. is this possible?

Its very very last minute I know. But I need to get my **** together!
Last edited by Sofxty; 1 month ago
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sofxty)
I've decided to move to another room before going to uni. as in.. live in a completely different place to what I originally planned. It would be better for me financially! And I know its last minute but I just need reassurance. is this possible?

Have you signed a tenancy agreement for the original room? If so, is there a cooling-off period/conditions that allow you to exit the agreement?
Lydia Taylor (YSJU Student Ambassador)
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sofxty)

Hello,

If you have not yet signed a tenancy agreement, it should be a straight swap through your accommodation team.

If you have then you will have to read your contract. As another member has mentioned, there may be a cooling off period which will allow you to leave that contract relatively hassle free. If there is not, it is probably most advisable to contact your accommodation team directly and they will be able to help you out.

Every university and even site can be different so it is best to get direct advice.

Lydia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads