The Student Room Group

veterinary courses

Hi! I’m currently just finished my A-levels. I took Double award health and social care and Hospitality which is a Level 3 B-tec. I’ve always been looking to do veterinary nursing as I love animals. Are there any bsc hons veterinary nursing courses ANYWHERE that do not need an A level science??
Original post by caitlinmcgeee
Hi! I’m currently just finished my A-levels. I took Double award health and social care and Hospitality which is a Level 3 B-tec. I’ve always been looking to do veterinary nursing as I love animals. Are there any bsc hons veterinary nursing courses ANYWHERE that do not need an A level science??

What do I need to do to become a veterinary nurse.
You can become a veterinary nurse via on-the-job training, where you can complete a relevant BTEC, City & Guilds or NVQ, or you can complete a degree in veterinary nursing. To be able to take the degree route, you will need two A levels, preferably in chemistry or biology.

Related skills
Teamwork
Communication
Customer service
Interpersonal skills
Related subjects
Biology
Chemistry
Essential qualifications
City & Guilds diploma for veterinary care assistants
Or Central Qualifications diploma for veterinary nursing assistants / diploma in animal nursing
Or ABC Certificate for animal nursing assistants
Or Veterinary nursing degree
Desirable qualifications
A level biology
A level chemistry
Original post by caitlinmcgeee

Wrexham university does not require specific subjects, just 48 UCAS points. It is a foundation degree which is 3 years so afterwards you can do a top up year if you want to. You'll still be a fully qualified vet nurse without the top up year.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending