malaika waheed
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
hey so I'm choosing my a-level subjects soon and I'm worried about whether I should choose bio and chem could you give me some advice and inspiration about the subjects. what do u need to know before going into college about these subjects? and please pray I do great in my GCSE results. Thank you
ConfusedDemon
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by malaika waheed)
hey so I'm choosing my a-level subjects soon and I'm worried about whether I should choose bio and chem could you give me some advice and inspiration about the subjects. what do u need to know before going into college about these subjects? and please pray I do great in my GCSE results. Thank you
hi! All the best for your GCSE's fam, hopefully you get what you worked for.
Now for Bio, the thing is, that it's extremely content heavy. I made the mistake of choosing it last year seeing as I want to go into medecine, but honestly, the amount you have to learn for first year coupled with the fact that you have two other A Levels [or a BTEC if your doing one] is overwhelming. I wouldn't really recommend it unless you're really passionate about it. Before going into college, I would invest in a big binder if they give you the printed notes [which is what our college did]. The one good thing I did enjoy about Biology was the practicals. I know they werent great this year because of covid, but a heart dissesction was worth it. Also a word of advice! Start revising from the first day. Things get messy around decemeber
For Chemistry, I really enjoyed it for my first year. It's the perfect blend of wordi-ness and mathsy-ness, so I would go for it. As well as the fact that little exam technique is needed for it, and more of knowing how to work things out. Once that's done, you practically know the marchscheme in and out, so I would recommend knowing it. Chemistry let us do a tonn of practicals, but they're kinda pressurising seeing as, some of your grade kinda contributes towards it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (16)
19.05%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
10.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
34.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (16)
19.05%

Watched Threads