The Student Room Group

how do you know a shy guy really likes you

he gives up time for his friends to hang out with me . He is a man of few words . should I wait for him to make a move I'm scared that I will freak him out and ruin our friendship
Original post by Anonymous
he gives up time for his friends to hang out with me . He is a man of few words . should I wait for him to make a move I'm scared that I will freak him out and ruin our friendship

doesn't always have to be the dude making the first move, u make it. if he's shy he will probably never do so cause he is too embarrassed.
Hard to say actually. If he’s giving up time from his friends for you, how do you know he also doesn’t consider you a friend?

If the general vibe is just “friendship”, I would take it as that. However, if you see there’s more to it, I would just talk to him more frequently up until you suggest things to do with each other. (or him, as he gets more comfortable around you.)

It’s much more natural this way than just making a move straight away. Actually get to know him first.

I used to do this with my crush. Eventually, I ended up leaving her altogether. I never confessed my feelings for her. I no longer want to.
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Hard to say actually. If he’s giving up time from his friends for you, how do you know he also doesn’t consider you a friend?

If the general vibe is just “friendship”, I would take it as that. However, if you see there’s more to it, I would just talk to him more frequently up until you suggest things to do with each other. (or him, as he gets more comfortable around you.)

It’s much more natural this way than just making a move straight away. Actually get to know him first.

I have known him for four years now we have been friends for a while but I'm just realizing I like him more than a friend. he gives off vibes that he likes me in texts but when I see him in person he hardly says a word.
He'll make time for u. He glance at u when there's a room full of people.
I have known him for four years now we have been friends for a while but I'm just realizing I like him more than a friend. he gives off vibes that he likes me in texts but when I see him in person he hardly says a word.

This makes things more clear.

Firstly, I would say that you should not get your hopes up.
Make sure you just confess your feelings for him whenever you go on a little date again, and you feel like it’s an appropriate time to do so. This is all easier said than done but I feel it’s the only way to get your intentions noticed.

After doing that, you should probably give him space (if possibly) to think about it all and digest it before making a final decision.

If it’s not a reciprocated then you can just try and lose those feelings for him, and it’s alright, you can have plenty of time to do so.

prepare for the rejection and remind yourself that there’s plenty more fish in the sea so don’t be completely disheartened.

Good luck :smile:
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest