The Student Room Group

BUCS or Intramural competition?

So I'm going into my first year in September and I'm very sporty I mean I love my sports especially football and Futsal.

I'm thinking about entering sports competitions but I don't know whether to stick with intramural competition or try entering BUCS with the Futsal team.

What should I do?

Thanks 🙂
Original post by Kentinho99
So I'm going into my first year in September and I'm very sporty I mean I love my sports especially football and Futsal.

I'm thinking about entering sports competitions but I don't know whether to stick with intramural competition or try entering BUCS with the Futsal team.

What should I do?

Thanks 🙂

Hi there,

I played for BUCS in netball and it was great fun as you had more training and regular competitive games. The only down side is that playing for BUCS may cost you more as you have to cove the fees for BUCS. Depending on how competitive your university is you may have to trial out but it would be a great experience either way. I would say go for it as you don't want to wish you had done a year later.

I hope this helps
Loren Snowden
UoP Student Ambassador
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi there,

I played for BUCS in netball and it was great fun as you had more training and regular competitive games. The only down side is that playing for BUCS may cost you more as you have to cove the fees for BUCS. Depending on how competitive your university is you may have to trial out but it would be a great experience either way. I would say go for it as you don't want to wish you had done a year later.

I hope this helps
Loren Snowden
UoP Student Ambassador

Hi

Thanks for the information.

Yeah that sounds great as I am really into my sports especially Futsal.

As I'm going to Plymouth marjon University their men's Futsal team is relatively new and they are hopefully all being well competing in their first ever bucs tournament.

I want to play competitively in lile bucs. However I mean I may be able to afford the costs its just I have to budget so that's why I was thinking about intramural competition.

Thank you for the advice though.
😊

What should I do?

Thanks 🙂

BUCS has quite a wide skill variety depending on what level your universities club are at.

Top BUCS teams are very competitive, their will be an expectation of reasonable commitment to training & matches, but also probably a good social environment but the balance can vary a lot. Some people dont enjoy the competitive environment, playing in something bigger than yourself but others thrive in it. I loved BUCS competitions personally (going to my sports national finals weekends are some of my favourite university experiences) and would recommend giving it a go.

You will almost certainly be able to trial for the BUCS club as this likely wont preclude you from IMS. Ultimately you can also dropout from BUCS after 1 semester if its not for you.
Original post by mnot
BUCS has quite a wide skill variety depending on what level your universities club are at.

Top BUCS teams are very competitive, their will be an expectation of reasonable commitment to training & matches, but also probably a good social environment but the balance can vary a lot. Some people dont enjoy the competitive environment, playing in something bigger than yourself but others thrive in it. I loved BUCS competitions personally (going to my sports national finals weekends are some of my favourite university experiences) and would recommend giving it a go.

You will almost certainly be able to trial for the BUCS club as this likely wont preclude you from IMS. Ultimately you can also dropout from BUCS after 1 semester if its not for you.

That's absolutely great news thank you. Yeah I'm very competitive. I love the thrill of exciting sporting events. Plus will be able to meet lots of new people. What did you play in BUCS?
That's absolutely great news thank you. Yeah I'm very competitive. I love the thrill of exciting sporting events. Plus will be able to meet lots of new people. What did you play in BUCS?

I wont be disclosing this. But not futsal or football.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending