Need to have a few drinks discreetly

Watch
Howtolove
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Currently staying at my auntys, and am going to meet my other aunt and uncle this evening with their two children (between 13-16). They are taking me out to a nice restaurant. I would like to have a few drinks beforehand, particularly as I’m not super close to these people and would like to loosen up a bit before.

However, whilst my aunty (one I’m staying with) is super chilled I don’t feel I could do this openly at the house. The other day we did have a few drinks before I went out with her and her mates. But I’m going out without her this time so I can’t really ask if I can have her drinks at home. I was thinking of getting a few and drinking in my room, but then the bottles/cans would be left and I don’t know what to do with them.

Any suggestions?
ThomH97
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Are you old enough to buy alcohol yourself?
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If you need to drink, you shouldn't.
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Howtolove)
Currently staying at my auntys, and am going to meet my other aunt and uncle this evening with their two children (between 13-16). They are taking me out to a nice restaurant. I would like to have a few drinks beforehand, particularly as I’m not super close to these people and would like to loosen up a bit before.
Sounds like you're not developing a great relationship with alcohol pretty early on. Pre-loading like this is usually a bit of a warning sign, but it's even more worrying given you sound like you're not really old enough even to be drinking - in a pub or buying alcohol for yourself, anyway.

Is this really where you want to be with alcohol?
Howtolove
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
Sounds like you're not developing a great relationship with alcohol pretty early on. Pre-loading like this is usually a bit of a warning sign, but it's even more worrying given you sound like you're not really old enough even to be drinking - in a pub or buying alcohol for yourself, anyway.

Is this really where you want to be with alcohol?
I’m late 20s
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m late 20s
And how do you feel about your relationship with alcohol? Note - I'm making no judgements about you, and I'm not remotely going to tell you what to do. I'm just allowing you a space here to anonymously say how you feel about this.
Howtolove
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
And how do you feel about your relationship with alcohol? Note - I'm making no judgements about you, and I'm not remotely going to tell you what to do. I'm just allowing you a space here to anonymously say how you feel about this.
I hardly drink, just every now and then probably once a month. Is that unhealthy?
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I hardly drink, just every now and then probably once a month. Is that unhealthy?
No, not on the face of it. But you can see why people would have a concern, based on what you wrote in your OP, can't you?

If you're happy with your drinking, then that's all that matters

And to answer your OP directly, try adding a large slug of vodka or another white spirit to a bottle of Oasis or something. That way you can leave the bottle and no-one will suspect anything.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed