april_m
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi, I am starting year 12 this year and will hopefully be able to do an EPQ too, I have been struggling to come up with ideas for what to do, I really enjoy history and found the Nazi course at GCSE really interesting and would like to do an EPQ in the same area, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with some ideas, I think it would be interesting to explore the psychological workings of hitler’s mind but was not sure as to how to work that in to a question, any ideas for questions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you !
Wildean99
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by april_m)
Hi, I am starting year 12 this year and will hopefully be able to do an EPQ too, I have been struggling to come up with ideas for what to do, I really enjoy history and found the Nazi course at GCSE really interesting and would like to do an EPQ in the same area, I was wondering if anyone would be able to help me with some ideas, I think it would be interesting to explore the psychological workings of hitler’s mind but was not sure as to how to work that in to a question, any ideas for questions would be greatly appreciated! Thank you !
Hi, I did an EPQ back in sixth form so might be able to help out a bit, although I've just recently graduated university so you'll have to forgive me if some of this is slightly out of date as the system may have changed and also may differ across exam boards. One of the things that I was told was that I had to do something that wasn't covered by a syllabus available for me to study. So say if your school has a History A-level which covers this topic then you may need to branch out. I think it can be related but not something that is required for you to learn as part of the A-level. I suggest therefore checking any ideas that you might have by whomever is organising the EPQ at your school/college. My second piece of advice is to try and base your EPQ around something that there is source materials for. I'd make an educated guess to say Hitler's psychological records, if there were any in the first place, would be difficult to find and so this might present an obstacle to your enquiry. It might be worth getting in touch with your GCSE History teacher that taught you about Nazism and see what they think though because it's not a topic that I've studied at length and may be entirely wrong. As an alternative suggestion, I did some work during my time at university on the post-WWII pursuit of justice in bringing Nazis to account for their actions and I found this very interesting so that could be a potential idea of something that you could pursue. You could also look into the history of Holocaust deniers, which is quite a unique and interesting topic and I imagine there will be a lot of material on this (as well as my previous idea). I hope that this is helpful and best of luck with your EPQ!
april_m
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Wildean99)
Hi, I did an EPQ back in sixth form so might be able to help out a bit, although I've just recently graduated university so you'll have to forgive me if some of this is slightly out of date as the system may have changed and also may differ across exam boards. One of the things that I was told was that I had to do something that wasn't covered by a syllabus available for me to study. So say if your school has a History A-level which covers this topic then you may need to branch out. I think it can be related but not something that is required for you to learn as part of the A-level. I suggest therefore checking any ideas that you might have by whomever is organising the EPQ at your school/college. My second piece of advice is to try and base your EPQ around something that there is source materials for. I'd make an educated guess to say Hitler's psychological records, if there were any in the first place, would be difficult to find and so this might present an obstacle to your enquiry. It might be worth getting in touch with your GCSE History teacher that taught you about Nazism and see what they think though because it's not a topic that I've studied at length and may be entirely wrong. As an alternative suggestion, I did some work during my time at university on the post-WWII pursuit of justice in bringing Nazis to account for their actions and I found this very interesting so that could be a potential idea of something that you could pursue. You could also look into the history of Holocaust deniers, which is quite a unique and interesting topic and I imagine there will be a lot of material on this (as well as my previous idea). I hope that this is helpful and best of luck with your EPQ!
Hi thank you for your response, this is very helpful! Luckily my a- level course doesn’t cover this topic, also I have only managed to find theoretical ideas about Hitler’s psychological state and no records in my research. Thank you also for your suggestions they sound very interesting and I wouldn’t have thought of them so I will definitely be looking into them! Thank you !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
17.12%
I need help researching courses (8)
7.21%
I need help with filling out the application form (6)
5.41%
I need help with my personal statement (43)
38.74%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (26)
23.42%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (2)
1.8%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (7)
6.31%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise