He likes me but I don’t like him, what do I do?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Ok no one judge me for this but basically I’ve known a guy I met online for just over a month. We went on a date and have been talking loads. He wanted a second date and he’s said he really likes me and wants a relationship. The thing is, I knew he wasn’t really my type and I wasn’t attracted to him in that way, so technically I should’ve broken it off ages ago. I haven’t lead him on because I told him pretty early on I wasn’t sure about me and him being together. I then after a few weeks said I don’t think I’d change my mind because I didn’t wanna carry on the way we were and it was unfair to him. He said he was happy being friends and we made an agreement on the phone. He’s said he’d lower his expectations etc. But also kept kind of saying that he was still hoping stuff would happen between us and all that.. Thing is, it pains me to part ways with him, I’d miss him so much but I think that’s the best thing to do right? I can’t quite work out why I’d miss him. I’m not afraid to be alone or anything, because I’m just looking for the right person and I’ve always been single so it’s not that. I just enjoy talking to him and everything seems pretty great. I just don’t like him in that way, especially not on a physical level. It’s been horrible letting him down but now it’s like I’m stuck on an emotional rollercoaster and deep down I don’t think he’ll settle for just being friends (he’s said he’d miss me too much if we parted ways too). So do I just leave? I guess that’s probably the answer, but it seems deeper than that... idk pls give my idiot self some advice lol
BloodlessBard
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think you answered your own question already....

It's kinder to end it now so you can both move on with your lives without anyone expecting something that can never happen. It might hurt at first but you'll both get over it in time and find a new friend/lover. You are just wasting time delaying it. I've had a lot of awful things happen to me and lost a lot of family/friends/partners, even lost a child. After time you'll be ok.... we will all lose someone at some point and accepting that is part of life and being happy again.

Do the right thing
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You have been honest and told him how you were truly feeling, so that’s good.

Don’t worry about not breaking it off soon, it all takes time to find out whether or not you’re attracted to someone, you might have just needed longer time.

You should leave. Cut all contact with him; phone number, social media, delete pictures etc.

It’s going to be hard but that’s how dating goes man. It’s not for the weak-hearted.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
5.13%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
17.95%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
10.26%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (3)
7.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (15)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
20.51%

Watched Threads