zoeeeeeee1216
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Does anyone know what time UCAS track updates because my school says 8 am and other places online it says 8:30 am. I am so confused.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zoeeeeeee1216)
Does anyone know what time UCAS track updates because my school says 8 am and other places online it says 8:30 am. I am so confused.
Your school are wrong

The exams embargo this year is in place until 8:30am. That is when Track will go live again and show all decisions sent during the embargo period (NOTE: about 1 in 7 applicants do NOT have any update on Track on results day).
zoeeeeeee1216
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Your school are wrong

The exams embargo this year is in place until 8:30am. That is when Track will go live again and show all decisions sent during the embargo period (NOTE: about 1 in 7 applicants do NOT have any update on Track on results day).
Ok, thank you!😊
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Although the official embargo ends at 8:30am, and that's when Clearing lines at Universities will open, in previous years UCAS Track has actually been open just before this so its worth checking from 8am.
See - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...aduate-results
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by McGinger)
Although the official embargo ends at 8:30am, and that's when Clearing lines at Universities will open, in previous years UCAS Track has actually been open just before this so its worth checking from 8am.
See - https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/r...aduate-results
Ucas and the JCQ and SQA have made it very clear that track will not go live before the embargo ends.

In previous years the embargo ended at 6am and track would go live between 7:30-8am. But on sqa results day the embargo ended at 9am and track went live AT 9am and no earlier.
The joint results means a joint embargo with a later time for JCQ and earlier for SQA. They compromised on the timing - there’s no flexibility in there for ucas to break the agreement.

If it goes live early then someone in ucas messed up and will be in a lot of trouble
Last edited by PQ; 1 month ago
AveriNova
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Your school are wrong

you did not have to scare me with that NOTE at the end there T-T
Laboromniavincit
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
So start checking from 7 in the morning? Won’t be sleeping anyway😩
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zoeeeeeee1216)
It's 8:30am on the 10th of August, got told that by my university today.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AveriNova)
you did not have to scare me with that NOTE at the end there T-T
No update is better than logging on to a rejection
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Ucas and the JCQ and SQA have made it very clear that track will not go live before the embargo ends.
In previous years the embargo ended at 6am and track would go live between 7:30-8am. But on sqa results day the embargo ended at 9am and track went live AT 9am and no earlier. The joint results means a joint embargo with a later time for JCQ and earlier for SQA. They compromised on the timing - there’s no flexibility in there for ucas to break the agreement.
Makes sense - I forgot SQA this year would be on the same day.
AveriNova
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
No update is better than logging on to a rejection
wait so you could get no update on results day and still get offered your firm choice? what?
..M..
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Your school are wrong

Hi, if we don’t have an update in track, how would we know which university we have been accepted into? Would we have to wait for an email from the university themselves to know if they accepted us even if we didn’t get the grades for our offer? Thanks
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I thought it was usually 8am but the email from UCAS today says 8:30am.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ashtolga23)
I thought it was usually 8am but the email from UCAS today says 8:30am.
It usually is.

But this year it’s not just A level results it’s Scottish results too so they had to agree to a new time for both sets of results.
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
It usually is.

But this year it’s not just A level results it’s Scottish results too so they had to agree to a new time for both sets of results.
Ah thank you! That's interesting.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by AveriNova)
wait so you could get no update on results day and still get offered your firm choice? what?
(Original post by ..M..)
Hi, if we don’t have an update in track, how would we know which university we have been accepted into? Would we have to wait for an email from the university themselves to know if they accepted us even if we didn’t get the grades for our offer? Thanks
Have a look at https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7057030 - that explains it. And use the flowchart on the day
McGinger
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
See also - https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/res...on-results-day
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (3)
3.75%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
13.75%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (14)
17.5%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.25%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
36.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.5%

Watched Threads