how can I watch netflix without using my phone

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Whenever I watch Netflix or TV shows I have the urge to keep checking my phone for new notifications
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Not posted in the appropriate forum.

But put your phone in another room. Simple.

Hope this helped.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
Not posted in the appropriate forum.

But put your phone in another room. Simple.

Hope this helped.
Is this normal? Why do I keep doing this?

Do you do it?
Georgia Jayy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Whenever I watch Netflix or TV shows I have the urge to keep checking my phone for new notifications
If you have an iPhone, you can put your apps on lock (I think it's a timer), so you actually cannot open the app to answer the notifications or if you don't need notifiers on, just turn them off for a 1hr or so.

I often do the same thing so what I actually do is have a chat open like Twitter, Discord, or Twitch where they may be talking about the show in real-time so I am productively engaging even if I am not always fully focused on the tv screen.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Georgia Jayy)
If you have an iPhone, you can put your apps on lock (I think it's a timer), so you actually cannot open the app to answer the notifications or if you don't need notifiers on, just turn them off for a 1hr or so.

I often do the same thing so what I actually do is have a chat open like Twitter, Discord, or Twitch where they may be talking about the show in real-time so I am productively engaging even if I am not always fully focused on the tv screen.
thanks Nice to know I'm not the only one..I feel like I'm not focusing fully when I do that
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.5%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.58%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (43)
17.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.17%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
26.25%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.58%

Watched Threads