The Student Room Group

Dentistry 2022 Entry - Reapplicants' Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by HaruhiSuoh
@mesopotamia do you know which schools accept reapplicants if they didn’t apply last year. I am not resitting anything just reapplying.

QUB don't allow reapplicants unless you applied to them first time :/ Its on their website
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I would advise you to look at these dental school websites and have a read of their admissions policy documents. There are some schools that have rules on who can reapply but can’t remember which - the information is all available on their websites however. Don’t base your application on heresay.

Helps if they updated it for this year 😂😂
Original post by DrSmile
Helps if they updated it for this year 😂😂

You’re asking too much from them, go easy!
Hi guys I'm new here so I don't rly know how to use this but I was wondering if anybody have some recommandations on uni application choices

my UCAT score is 3130
im an international students and my IB is around 38/39

I don't rly know which unis are good in dentistry : (((
Original post by sodabear77
Hi guys I'm new here so I don't rly know how to use this but I was wondering if anybody have some recommandations on uni application choices

my UCAT score is 3130
im an international students and my IB is around 38/39

I don't rly know which unis are good in dentistry : (((

All the unis are good since they’re all regulated by the GDC. So wherever you graduate, you will qualify as a dentist to the GDC standard. Don’t apply too the ‘best’, apply to unis that you’ll have a higher chance of getting in. Also this is the reapplicants thread you can get more info on the applicants thread
(edited 2 years ago)
hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows which dental schools accept summer resits?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by dent0202
hi guys, I was wondering if anyone knows which dental schools accept summer resits?

Sorry if I won’t be of much help but the best thing to do is to call the unis u are interested in. Especially since you haven’t gotten a response in a while.
Call the unis, they tend to answer quickly.
All I know is that kings doesn’t accept resits and QMUL only accepts summer resists if you resit all of your subjects.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 27
Does anyone know if Dundee allow resit applicants?
Original post by HaruhiSuoh
Sorry if I won’t be of much help but the best thing to do is to call the unis u are interested in. Especially since you haven’t gotten a response in a while.
Call the unis, they tend to answer quickly.
All I know is that kings doesn’t accept resits and QMUL only accepts summer resists if you resit all of your subjects.

Thank you very much!
side note: that’s quite harsh on queen mary’s part
Are you guys changing your personal statement much? I'm thinking of just adding a paragraph of what I am doing this year.
I’m changing my personal statement quite a bit actually but I have no idea what to write on what I plan on doing for the rest of the year, like getting a job but what else lmao?
Original post by waffle9090
I’m changing my personal statement quite a bit actually but I have no idea what to write on what I plan on doing for the rest of the year, like getting a job but what else lmao?

Omg it's you again, it's been a while. Yeah, that's interesting I just don't know what really I would change all too much. I think in my paragraph I'm going to write about my job, new hobbies: guitar and knitting and if I can arrange some work experience and/or a volunteer role I will write about that too. I feel like I've really cutting it close though because I just did my UCAT yesterday and now I have 2 weeks to do this.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by YetiSpaghetti
Omg it's you again, it's been a while. Yeah, that's interesting I just don't know what really I would change all too much. I think in my paragraph I'm going to write about my job, new hobbies: guitar and knitting and if I can arrange some work experience and/or a volunteer role I will write about that too. I feel like I've really cutting it close though because I just did my UCAT yesterday and now I have 2 weeks to do this.

Hi, I remember your username from last year as well ahahaha. Glad we’re in this together. Oh ok I see, that makes a lot of sense, lots of good things to talk about in your personal statement!! I’m gonna nick an idea off you if you don’t mind - hobbies. I think I’m going to get back into painting, I really enjoyed it but A Levels meant I never got enough time for it, you’ve ignited a flame ahaha.

Yh not a whole lot of time left but it’s better to have done/planned more things and produce a mature and well thought out personal statement then to just quickly get some basic points down. 2 weeks is still enough time to complete your UCAS application. If it’s any consolation I’ve barely worked on my new ps, gonna start today!
Hi, I remember your username from last year as well ahahaha. Glad we’re in this together. Oh ok I see, that makes a lot of sense, lots of good things to talk about in your personal statement!! I’m gonna nick an idea off you if you don’t mind - hobbies. I think I’m going to get back into painting, I really enjoyed it but A Levels meant I never got enough time for it, you’ve ignited a flame ahaha.

Yh not a whole lot of time left but it’s better to have done/planned more things and produce a mature and well thought out personal statement then to just quickly get some basic points down. 2 weeks is still enough time to complete your UCAS application. If it’s any consolation I’ve barely worked on my new ps, gonna start today!

Damn, we're in the exact same boat again, I'm trying to start writing today! But yeah I definitely wanted examples of manual dexterity since I had none last year so painting sounds like it would work great for you. Since I haven't been on this site in ages, where are you gonna apply this year? Oh and how did your UCAT and A-levels go.
(edited 2 years ago)
Damn, we're in the exact same boat again, I'm trying to start writing today! But yeah I definitely wanted examples of manual dexterity since I had none last year so painting sounds like it would work great for you. Since I haven't been on this site in ages, where are you gonna apply this year? Oh and how did your UCAT and A-levels go.

That was the same with me I stopped using TSR for a good few months then got it again when preparing for the UCAT. Have you “watched” the other threads, like Official Applicants 2022 entry/ Which dental school should I apply to? Might be helpful.

I got A*AA at A level and got 2810 B3. That with my GCSEs being 99999888877 I’ve currently decided to go for Birmingham, KCL and Cardiff so far. Still deciding on my 4th choice uni.

Wbu, how did your A Levels go? And how was your UCAT yesterday, you must still be recovering for the trauma ahaha
That was the same with me I stopped using TSR for a good few months then got it again when preparing for the UCAT. Have you “watched” the other threads, like Official Applicants 2022 entry/ Which dental school should I apply to? Might be helpful.

I got A*AA at A level and got 2810 B3. That with my GCSEs being 99999888877 I’ve currently decided to go for Birmingham, KCL and Cardiff so far. Still deciding on my 4th choice uni.

Wbu, how did your A Levels go? And how was your UCAT yesterday, you must still be recovering for the trauma ahaha

It's always so traumatic lmaoo. My A-levels were A*A*A so I'll thank grade inflation for that one lol, my UCAT dropped to 2900 B1 from 2930 and my mum was v mad lol It's hard to explain that it's still a good score. Tbf I did do less work this year but I also have a job. My GCSEs were 9998888886. I decided on Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheffield and probably Plymouth but not sure. Yeah, I went ahead and watched all the major threads and unwatched last years.

Right so I don't actually know a lot about Birmingham I just wanted to apply because of the integrated course and location and I knew I met minimum requirements. Do you know if the course is really competitive? And do they interview loads and reject many or not interview loads and offer to most of the people they interview?
It's always so traumatic lmaoo. My A-levels were A*A*A so I'll thank grade inflation for that one lol, my UCAT dropped to 2900 B1 from 2930 and my mum was v mad lol It's hard to explain that it's still a good score. Tbf I did do less work this year but I also have a job. My GCSEs were 9998888886. I decided on Cardiff, Birmingham, Sheffield and probably Plymouth but not sure. Yeah, I went ahead and watched all the major threads and unwatched last years.

Right so I don't actually know a lot about Birmingham I just wanted to apply because of the integrated course and location and I knew I met minimum requirements. Do you know if the course is really competitive? And do they interview loads and reject many or not interview loads and offer to most of the people they interview?

Wow and wow, you’ve done really well this year, I envy your UCAT score it’s so good! Let your mum know that ppl on TSR think your UCAT score is amazing ahaha.

Yh so from 2020 info Birmingham interviewed 300 candidates and gave out 177 offers so 59% of people for offers from those interviewed. I mean obviously I’d like the number to be higher but it’s not too low. And your stats would defo guarantee you an interview.
Wow and wow, you’ve done really well this year, I envy your UCAT score it’s so good! Let your mum know that ppl on TSR think your UCAT score is amazing ahaha.

Yh so from 2020 info Birmingham interviewed 300 candidates and gave out 177 offers so 59% of people for offers from those interviewed. I mean obviously I’d like the number to be higher but it’s not too low. And your stats would defo guarantee you an interview.

Your UCAT score was so great as well, at least you improved from last year haha. Your application looks really well rounded tbh I pray we get through these interviews this year, all my friends going off to uni has been depressing lol. Thanks for the info
Your UCAT score was so great as well, at least you improved from last year haha. Your application looks really well rounded tbh I pray we get through these interviews this year, all my friends going off to uni has been depressing lol. Thanks for the info

Yh an improvement from last year for sure. Yh I think my GCSEs somewhat make up for not so excellent ucat. Yh interviews are gonna be the 💀 of me. I can relate with the friends part, I’m super happy for them but it is slightly depressing watching them go off to uni. Hope you get all your interviews!!
@YetiSpaghetti @waffle9090 I did my UCAT today. Not happy with it but it’s only a few marks down from last year so trying to stay upbeat. I’ll be doing my PS in the next two weeks too. I am doing what you’re doing, @YetiSpaghetti; just adding a paragraph. I haven’t changed much as a person and last year my PS got me interviews so hopefully, it does the same this year :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest