Rai258
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
can someone clarify for me,are the grades that are calculated this year Purley on evidence of previous test scores,or will teachers also factor in their knowledge of the student and what they believe they can achieve
frenchie_
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rai258)
can someone clarify for me,are the grades that are calculated this year Purley on evidence of previous test scores,or will teachers also factor in their knowledge of the student and what they believe they can achieve
purely on previous test scores. mine are looking at our grades in year 12 also (end of year grades mostly)
Ten-Ten
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it’s mainly previous test scores but I think teachers with favourites might factor in their “knowledge”
McGinger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
See https://educationhub.blog.gov.uk/202...d-this-summer/
SarcAndSpark
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Your teachers will have submitted evidence- it may not just be test scores, and it may not include all of your test scores- to support the grade the believe you would have achieved had you sat the exam.

In theory, if they think you are capable of e.g. a B, they will have tried to gather evidence to support this.

However, if you are a "do no work and cram last minute" sort of student, and they think you would have pulled out a B on the day, but all your evidence currently shows a D, they will have had to have submitted a D.

You can ask your school/college at any time what their procedures were for determining your grade (although as it's the holidays, it may be that no-one will get back to you this week).
CurryCurry2468
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
This year is entirely evidence based and your final grade is basically what you are working at rather than what the teachers 'think' you can achieve.

I think last years grades were a prediction of what they thought the student would achieve
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.51%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (8)
14.04%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (8)
14.04%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (6)
10.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (23)
40.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (10)
17.54%

Watched Threads