Jebry
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have unconditional offers from four different universities in the UK for postgraduate studies. But the issue is, I'm really finding it very difficult which university to choose. I need some help urgently to make a decision and this should be based on the which of the university is best for studies in Information security or Cybersecurity. The universities are:
1. Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham - MSc Information Security
2. Bournemouth University, Bournemouth - MSc Cyber Security and Human Factors
3. University of the West of England, Bristol - MSc Cyber Security
4 Teesside University, Middlesbrough - MSc Cybersecurity

Your candid opinions are warmly welcomed. Thanks
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jebry)
I have unconditional offers from four different universities in the UK for postgraduate studies. But the issue is, I'm really finding it very difficult which university to choose. I need some help urgently to make a decision and this should be based on the which of the university is best for studies in Information security or Cybersecurity. The universities are:

Hey congratulations on fantastic offers ! Obviously I don't know much about those particular programs, I'd suggest you YouTube search videos of students from each Uni and hear what their experience on said course was. Student content is super authentic and can give you a better sense of where you'd best fit in as opposed to just basing your decision on marketing facts from the universities.

Hope this helps.

Lee-UoP Rep
harrysbar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jebry)

I'll be candid - Middlesbrough is a deprived area in the UK and well known as a dump - avoid!
Lucifer323
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jebry)

Are the last two Mickey Mouse Universities?
I have never heard of them...

Royal Holloway is part of the University of London and a decent place to study. And the area is great.

Good that you have four unconditional offers. I am not quite sure about the quality of the courses though in these four Universities. As far as I know Royal Holloway is a decent place.

If it was let's say Kings, UCL, or Imperial, I would just say go for whichever you think it's best as these are top Universities.
Last edited by Lucifer323; 1 month ago
mediastudentBU
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Jebry)

Hello Jebry,

I am Tia, a final year BA (Hons) Communication and Media, Bournemouth University student. At BU we have a dedicated cyber security lab which you can see here: https://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/study/...r-security-lab. It uses state of the art technology meaning across the three labs up to 50 million PCs could be run and you can see where cyber attacks are happening all over the world. Not only do you study cyber security but you look at the human factors along with it such as the psychology behind it. You'll also get to do a placement meaning you can gain experience as well as a degree.

Bournemouth is also a great area with plenty to do and see, with plenty or bars, clubs and restaurants as well as the beach and beautiful places to visit. It has a relaxed feel to it whilst not being quiet or boring.

I hope this has helped your decision, Tia
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.38%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.16%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
18.03%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.34%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (63)
25.82%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.26%

Watched Threads