The Student Room Group

Do I have a right to be mad at my dad?

Hi,

It’s a weird story but basically my brother is away and my parents just offered to buy me a dominoes. I requested a small original one (12.99) my dad argued you needed to buy more for delivery (you don’t, 10.99 for delivery). When I explained this he said he doesn’t get why he’s pay for that when he can do the buy 2 medium/large and get it half price offer thing (idk which one but it is on today). He then got angry when I said I didn’t want a medium and large one and that offer wouldn’t stand as neither of my parents wanted to partake in a pizza, it was just for me and i wouldn’t even like a medium/large one as they make me feel sick when I eat too much and I don’t like the taste of day-old pizza so wouldnt leave it as leftovers and none of my family like the pizza I get, as well as I didn’t want to waste any food. Long story short, I left the room and my mum and I ordered a small one just for me.

It’s just he does this over everything?? I try and explain it to him… he gets angry. It isn’t how he thinks it should be he gets angry. Not cooking a tea he wants… he gets angry. It happens almost every 2 days over anything and i always play the mediator and he’s the common factor in arguments but he refuses to listen. I almost want to tell him to go to therapy to work out his bleeding issues it’s so annoying.

I get this is just a pizza but i’m not crazy right?? I’ll probably just forget about it but he’s so bipolar on everything, he acts like a kid then a dictator i can’t stand it. Am i alright to be mad??

And he’s given me a headache so 🖕
Maybe he actually does have a mental health issue, but it doesn't sound like he's "so bipolar".
Is this a joke? You're seriously complaining about the fact that you wanted a smaller pizza but your dad wanted to order a larger pizza? The pizza that he is paying for? And you can't finish off a larger pizza because you don't like leftovers? That's not even a thing. I wish I had your life if this is your biggest problem.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Is this a joke? You're seriously complaining about the fact that you wanted a smaller pizza but your dad wanted to order a larger pizza? The pizza that he is paying for? And you can't finish off a larger pizza because you don't like leftovers? That's not even a thing. I wish I had your life if this is your biggest problem.

the pizza wasn’t the problem… it was may dads decision to get angry at every little thing?? the point of the post wasn’t food it’s that no one is allowed to say anything without triggering a middle aged man into having a pissy
the pizza wasn’t the problem… it was may dads decision to get angry at every little thing?? the point of the post wasn’t food it’s that no one is allowed to say anything without triggering a middle aged man into having a pissy

Yeah ok fair enough I get your point, maybe just talk to him? Sometimes parents have their own issues going on too, and we tend to forget that. He might be going through work issues or something?
Is this the 22 year old guy living with their parents and gets into tantrums when their parents don't buy them a takeaway?

Me and my family had a similar situation once but we just laugh about it now. Families do get annoyed at each other because we all have our own motivations and stuff. Communicate better and it might help.
Have you tried talking to him about it?
(edited 2 years ago)

Hes 22 (probably 23 or 24 now) and has a tantrums whenever his parents don't buy him a takeaway

Latest

Trending

Trending