xmin02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I applied last year and deferred entry 2021 to a different uni.
after a lot of thinking I changed my mind, I now hold a clearing offer from the uni i'd like to go to. but on my Ucas track there is no clearing option.

Is this because my account is considered a 2020 entry?? Will I need to make a new account/apply again??
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xmin02)
I applied last year and deferred entry 2021 to a different uni.
after a lot of thinking I changed my mind, I now hold a clearing offer from the uni i'd like to go to. but on my Ucas track there is no clearing option.

Is this because my account is considered a 2020 entry?? Will I need to make a new account/apply again??
Yes. You need to make an Apply 2021 application. You also need your deferred firm university to withdraw your application before you submit a new application
xmin02
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by PQ)
Yes. You need to make an Apply 2021 application. You also need your deferred firm university to withdraw your application before you submit a new application
so i should pay for a new application and contact the uni again with my new ID?
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by xmin02)
so i should pay for a new application and contact the uni again with my new ID?
- contact your current firm first to get your deferred place withdrawn asap
- contact the university that made a clearing offer to let them know that you are sorting out a ucas application but might not manage it before the embargo period
- submit your 2021 ucas application complete with reference and PS and full payment to use clearing
- if you submit your application after Wednesday then you might be able to add a clearing choice by ringing ucas - that option won’t be available on Track from Wednesday lunchtime until Tuesday 10 at 2pm
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.67%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
15.9%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.92%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (29)
14.87%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (53)
27.18%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (36)
18.46%

Watched Threads