It is the time to do a masters degree....

Watch
aircraftcharls
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello all,

With the pandemic still ongoing, and time ticking away on my undergrad degree, my thoughts turn to life after uni. I believe the time to do a master's degree has never been better! Let me know you're throughs on this matter!
Rabbit2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well, i found that a few years ago, that on this side of the pond, if you wanted to run a "medium sized" program - say $2Mil to $4Mil, that NOBODY would i trust you to do it, unless you had a master's degree [in my case, in EE]. The amusing thing about this, is that those who would say "yea" or "nay" to hiring you did NOT have master's degrees themselves (of any kind) - much less in an appropriate field [such as EE in my case].

This goes along with the trend of "managers" making over-riding technical decisions - over-ruling qualified engineers who really should have the final say. An example of this was the launch/no-launch decision made on the Challenger. The "managers" decided to launch (for political reasons), and over-ruled the technically qualified engineers. The results were expected and predictable. Also predictable was the fact that the unqualified "managers" escaped all censure for their misbehaviour.

My vote, yeah - i'd go for a masters - although i would hope it would be in something salable, Cheers.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aircraftcharls)
Hello all,

With the pandemic still ongoing, and time ticking away on my undergrad degree, my thoughts turn to life after uni. I believe the time to do a master's degree has never been better! Let me know you're throughs on this matter!
It depends on why you want to do a masters degree. If it's just to prolong your student days, you might struggle (masters are a step up from undergraduate level).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (16)
6.96%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
14.78%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (40)
17.39%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (61)
26.52%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (45)
19.57%

Watched Threads