what do i do after results day on tuesday

Watch
fatimah_03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
im so scared i dont know what to do i want to go to a uni i never got an offer to go to and i am so lost i am not even that sure on the course but i have to do something i cant stay at home for as long as i am made to :/
Last edited by fatimah_03; 1 month ago
CoochieMan
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You can try clearing? Before results day, look into some courses that could interest you and then try applying through clearing
fatimah_03
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CoochieMan)
You can try clearing? Before results day, look into some courses that could interest you and then try applying through clearing
the thing is i already firmed a uni and if i cancel it then im scared what if i dont get in altogether after
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by fatimah_03)
the thing is i already firmed a uni and if i cancel it then im scared what if i dont get in altogether after
Easy to avoid. Don't relinquish any offer you currently have until you have recieved a clearing offer from another university.
swanseajack1
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
Easy to avoid. Don't relinquish any offer you currently have until you have recieved a clearing offer from another university.
Universities cannot make clearing offers to students already holding offers. You have to be holding no offers to enter clearing,
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by swanseajack1)
Universities cannot make clearing offers to students already holding offers. You have to be holding no offers to enter clearing,
No, but you can call up to see if they'd make you an offer for your desired course, then once you self release from that you can get that offer.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by ROTL94)
No, but you can call up to see if they'd make you an offer for your desired course, then once you self release from that you can get that offer.
That’s a massive waste of everyone’s time. An in principle offer has no guarantees so it doesn’t even give any extra security
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.73%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (33)
15.87%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.35%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.9%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (56)
26.92%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (40)
19.23%

Watched Threads