Post Your BTEC Results!

Watch this thread
Hlacey
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
BTEC Music: Distinction*

I honestly cried - I’m self-taught on piano and predicted a merit, but I find the BTEC work set up so much better in terms of grading, especially considering exams were cancelled!
pink3332021
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 11 months ago
BTEC grades have been confusing to me. I will be year 11 coming Sept. My predicted grade for BTEC music was merit last month. My teacher told me it's like 5.5 in terms of GCSE grading. I'm so disappointed as I already got A-Level equivalent to music (I had already passed a grade 8 ABRSM instrument exam). Hopefully, I will be able to improve much better during year 11 so as to get a D for my final BTEC music grade.
pink3332021
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by Hlacey)
BTEC Music: Distinction*

I honestly cried - I’m self-taught on piano and predicted a merit, but I find the BTEC work set up so much better in terms of grading, especially considering exams were cancelled!
That means, I should ask for a review of my exam, coursework, solo performance with my music teacher and even department head or exam board. It totally doesn't make sense that my predicted grade is only merit, like 5.5 GCSE equivalent, only a bit better than a pass! At least, I performed well for the solo part, which I thought should account for about 30% of the final grade. Moreover, does anyone know the percentage component of each category like solo performance, music composition, written exam, etc.?
pink3332021
Rep:
Report 11 months ago
BTEC grades have been confusing to me. I will be year 11 coming Sept. My predicted grade for BTEC music was merit last month. My teacher told me it's like 5.5 in terms of GCSE grading. I'm so disappointed as I already got A-Level equivalent to music (I had already passed a grade 8 ABRSM instrument exam). Hopefully, I will be able to improve much better during year 11 so as to get a D for my final BTEC music grade.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (29)
17.68%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (41)
25%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (85)
51.83%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (9)
5.49%

Watched Threads