The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Same sex/ alcohol free flat question

Hi im starting plymouth in september
If im in a same sex flat and i invite a friend from a different sex into my flat will i get fined or punished? same for if i bring a friend who is drinking.
Thanks, this might not be an important question but i was wondering cos i might just end up in a same sex flat and inviting someone w a different sex in you know?
you will be absolutely fine. Just to be sure double check with your housemates but i’m sure they won’t mind if someone stays every so often
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by Piss_Goblin
Hi im starting plymouth in september
If im in a same sex flat and i invite a friend from a different sex into my flat will i get fined or punished? same for if i bring a friend who is drinking.
Thanks, this might not be an important question but i was wondering cos i might just end up in a same sex flat and inviting someone w a different sex in you know?

Hey Piss_Goblin :hello:

Have you applied to a particular set of Halls, or is this a question about single-gendered accommodation in general? As different accommodation providers may have varying policies this would help me get the most accurate info for you.

In my experience at Uni I'd never heard of anyone getting fined or anything like that! But I don't think you could go wrong if you are a courteous flat-mate, and discuss it with your flat of when you may be bringing people over to communal areas in your living space.

You might find some more info on our website: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/services/accommodation
Or get in touch with the team by emailing: [email protected]

Luke - University of Plymouth
Reply 3
Original post by University of Plymouth

Have you applied to a particular set of Halls, or is this a question about single-gendered accommodation in general? As different accommodation providers may have varying policies this would help me get the most accurate info for you.

In my experience at Uni I'd never heard of anyone getting fined or anything like that! But I don't think you could go wrong if you are a courteous flat-mate, and discuss it with your flat of when you may be bringing people over to communal areas in your living space.

You might find some more info on our website: https://www.plymouth.ac.uk/student-life/services/accommodation

Thanks lad
Reply 4
Original post by University of Plymouth

this is single gendered yes, but you answered my question already, so thank you

Quick Reply

Latest