The Student Room Group

Withdrawing to go to another university

I currently attend the university of Lincoln, I’ve got an offer to attend elsewhere. Shall I withdraw right now or wait a bit until I formally enrol at the other university. Is there a fee for withdrawing before September? The university of Lincoln is asking me to enrol for the next year but obviously I’m going to attend somewhere else but I’m waiting on the official confirmation of the other uni. Is there a fee for postponing enrolment? Obviously I will withdraw before starting, so around late august/September.
Bumping this for you
Original post by Anonymous
I currently attend the university of Lincoln, I’ve got an offer to attend elsewhere. Shall I withdraw right now or wait a bit until I formally enrol at the other university. Is there a fee for withdrawing before September? The university of Lincoln is asking me to enrol for the next year but obviously I’m going to attend somewhere else but I’m waiting on the official confirmation of the other uni. Is there a fee for postponing enrolment? Obviously I will withdraw before starting, so around late august/September.

You need to sort out the exact dates from each Uni. What date will the new uni confirm your place? What is the last date you have to re-enrol at Lincoln?

You don’t need to withdraw (you aren’t leaving mid year). You need to let them know that you won’t be enrolling for 21/22 and tell them where you are transferring to.

HI @Anonymous

I would recommend emailing the University of Lincoln Admissions team explaining the situation and what course you were on and they can pass this on to the relevant people.

Hope this helps
-Ellie
-3rd year Media Production Student
Original post by UniOfLincolnStudent
HI @Anonymous

I would recommend emailing the University of Lincoln Admissions team explaining the situation and what course you were on and they can pass this on to the relevant people.

Hope this helps
-Ellie
-3rd year Media Production Student

The admissions team wouldn't deal with current students. OP needs to talk to student records/registry

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending