The Student Room Group

Should I book a driving instructor from a franchise or independently?

Hi,

I'm looking for a driving instructor and have never driven a car before. I'm looking to book with RED driving because they are offering block discounts right now and I've seen some good reviews on Trustpilot about them.

However I was also considering booking an independent instructor because all the driving schools in my area seem to be fully booked. Can anyone advise me on what to do? Is RED driving school good?

Any help would be appreciated!
Honestly I don’t think you’ll have much luck with independent driving instructors either. I am personally with an independent lady and she currently has a waiting list of 6 months and all her independent driving instructor friends are basically all in the same position.
Some independent instructors do block discounts so for example my instructor is £30 an hour or £280 for 10 hours so it works out £28 an hour. You’ve just got to look around and maybe ask friends and family for recommendations (how I found mine) but you probably will have to go on a waiting list no matter what unfortunately! X
I don't think there is any difference between a school or an independent. Unless you get someone who is recommended it is luck whether they are good/bad or if you get on with them ok. you might find an independent on the link below

I tried 20+ instructors and got on all their waiting lists before I found one with availability.

https://www.gov.uk/find-driving-schools-and-lessons

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending