Uni of Liverpool LGBT?

Watch this thread
szejmik
Badges: 3
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
Hi! In September I am going to Year 13 and I am planning to apply to the University of Liverpool (and firm it, if I get an offer) as I love the city and the University seems to be a really good and friendly place to get your degree. I've done my research and everything seems perfect, however, I haven't seen many discussions about being a LGBT student at Liverpool. I know there's a LGBT society. Is it active and big? Is there a fair amount of gay people on campus? Are people generally friendly towards LGBT students? Obviously it is not going to be the most important factor for me but as I am gay it would be nice to meet some LGBT people as well as I think it would enrich the Uni experience and haven't had many opportunities to do it currently as I live in a small town. Thanks in advance!
gjd800
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
Decent gay scene in Liverpool city-wise. Not sure about the university specifically, but I have gay mates that went there so can try to find out over coming days
University of Liverpool Student Rep
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Hi there,

Glad to hear you are considering studying in Liverpool! I'm not that familiar with the LGBT scene in Liverpool if I'm honest. But I'll point you towards the LGBT society at the University of Liverpool here: https://www.liverpoolguild.org/groups/lgbt-society-4419. It might also be worth seeing if you can access their social media such as their Facebook, you might be able to get in touch with them directly there

Otherwise, I know there is a reasonably big gay quarter (called the pride quarter) in Liverpool with lots of different bars and clubs. Liverpool also hosts its Liverpool Pride day each year - sadly I see it was cancelled this year, but is due to take place again next year.

Malachy - University of Liverpool Student Rep
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (15)
28.85%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (21)
40.38%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
3.85%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
5.77%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (4)
7.69%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
11.54%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
1.92%

Watched Threads