Is getting flowers for a girl you like cringe?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Like old fashioned and stupid?
Kibser
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah it's nice
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
no flowers are a lovely gift to receive. my boyfriend of 4 years surprises me with flowers every few weeks and it’s a lovely gesture
Anonymous #3
Report 1 month ago
It can be both: a tragic mistake as well as a terrific victory, depending on time, date, place, circumstances, i.e. if the girl is really classy and appreciates it it would be an awesome idea for let's say a 5th date after you initially got to know one another, or AFTER first time sex (not before)
Cyeol61
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Depends on what your partner likes but in general it strikes me as a sweet and thoughtful gesture. I would personally love to receive a bouquet of sunflowers.
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, it's sweet.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Qxi.xli)
No, it's sweet.
I’d buy you flowers, I like your vibe on here
username3477548
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I’d buy you flowers, I like your vibe on here
Thank you ♥️ you're too sweet
Last edited by username3477548; 1 month ago
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Honestly it's such a sweet thing to do. If someone bought me flowers I think I'd cry lol

Edit: cry of happiness
Last edited by chloenix; 1 month ago
Anonymous #4
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by chloenix)
Honestly it's such a sweet thing to do. If someone bought me flowers I think I'd cry lol

Edit: cry of happiness
:flower:💐

For being kind and helpful to other users. You also look really pretty (well your hair does)
chloenix
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:flower:💐

For being kind and helpful to other users. You also look really pretty (well your hair does)
Aww that's so kind, thank you. If only you could see the smile on my face
If I knew how to find the flower emoji I'd give some back to you!
Surnia
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Like old fashioned and stupid?
No, but think about the situation in which you give them to her, eg, not when you're actually going on a date with her unless she's got time to sort them out at her place.
miser
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Wouldn't do it on a first date. It's alright if you've been dating for a while though.
Napp
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Only 'cringe' if you're a teenager with the romantic range of a squashed tomato. For everyone else its a nice romantic gesture. If a somewhat tricky one finding out what flowers said lady friend actually likes.
64Lightbulbs
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
literally just ask her if she'd mind you getting her flowers. she might have a pollen allergy
ashtolga23
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I mean I don't think it's cringy, but whether you do it should depend on a few factors. You said "the girl you like" - has she shown any interest in you or would this be totally unprompted? Does she like gestures, or is she not one for surprises? Also practical stuff like if she has cats or something then lillies are off the table because they're poisonous to them. Just things to think about.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads