The Student Room Group

New York bar exams

Hi guys,

I found this forum very useful . I need help with proceeding my studies. I finish my LLB law in the UK and i want to do the New York bar exams ,this will allowed me to work in the UK and Any other country as a Barrister ? After the New York bar exam i will proceed with the pupilage in the Uk. Please let me know witch course i should follow in order to give me the right to work anywhere as a Barrister .

Thank you
Babylandia
(edited 2 years ago)
I say this with genuine sincerity, but you really should reconsider whether being a barrister is realistic in the U.K. or US (which does not have a barrister/solicitor distinction) with your level of English. You need to be very fluent in the language and your question shows me that you are probably not. You could invest in an English language course to improve.

I’m not sure about other countries, but I don’t see how your US/U.K. qualifications would allow you to practice law anywhere in the world as the law is usually different - I suppose it would depend on the country as to whether they recognise your current education. But this could be googled if you have a specific country in mind I’m sure.
Original post by sublime-baths
I say this with genuine sincerity, but you really should reconsider whether being a barrister is realistic in the U.K. or US (which does not have a barrister/solicitor distinction) with your level of English. You need to be very fluent in the language and your question shows me that you are probably not. You could invest in an English language course to improve.

I’m not sure about other countries, but I don’t see how your US/U.K. qualifications would allow you to practice law anywhere in the world as the law is usually different - I suppose it would depend on the country as to whether they recognise your current education. But this could be googled if you have a specific country in mind I’m sure.

whats wrong with their english?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by nikkiblonsky

I’m not going to point out the glaringly obvious. Any reasonable person can tell that OP doesn’t have a strong command over the English language. Or at least certainly not to the extent that would be expected and required from a barrister.
I’m not going to point out the glaringly obvious. Any reasonable person can tell that OP doesn’t have a strong command over the English language. Or at least certainly not to the extent that would be expected and required from a barrister.

soz i dont get the problenmm

Well I did say reasonable, didn’t I?😊
Well I did say reasonable, didn’t I?😊

well theirs no need to be rude thats not very reasonable

It's full of mistakes!!

Presumably because your command of English is also pretty poor.
Original post by camapplicant530
Presumably because your command of English is also pretty poor.

i doubt that
i doubt that

* there's
* that's
* what's
* problem

hth
Original post by camapplicant530
* there's
* that's
* what's