Babylandia
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago

Hi guys,

I found this forum very useful . I need help with proceeding my studies. I finish my LLB law in the UK and i want to do the New York bar exams ,this will allowed me to work in the UK and Any other country as a Barrister ? After the New York bar exam i will proceed with the pupilage in the Uk. Please let me know witch course i should follow in order to give me the right to work anywhere as a Barrister .

Thank you
Babylandia
Last edited by Babylandia; 1 month ago
sublime-baths
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I say this with genuine sincerity, but you really should reconsider whether being a barrister is realistic in the U.K. or US (which does not have a barrister/solicitor distinction) with your level of English. You need to be very fluent in the language and your question shows me that you are probably not. You could invest in an English language course to improve.

I’m not sure about other countries, but I don’t see how your US/U.K. qualifications would allow you to practice law anywhere in the world as the law is usually different - I suppose it would depend on the country as to whether they recognise your current education. But this could be googled if you have a specific country in mind I’m sure.
nikkiblonsky
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sublime-baths)
I say this with genuine sincerity, but you really should reconsider whether being a barrister is realistic in the U.K. or US (which does not have a barrister/solicitor distinction) with your level of English. You need to be very fluent in the language and your question shows me that you are probably not. You could invest in an English language course to improve.

I’m not sure about other countries, but I don’t see how your US/U.K. qualifications would allow you to practice law anywhere in the world as the law is usually different - I suppose it would depend on the country as to whether they recognise your current education. But this could be googled if you have a specific country in mind I’m sure.
whats wrong with their english?
Last edited by nikkiblonsky; 1 month ago
sublime-baths
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by nikkiblonsky)
I’m not going to point out the glaringly obvious. Any reasonable person can tell that OP doesn’t have a strong command over the English language. Or at least certainly not to the extent that would be expected and required from a barrister.
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m not going to point out the glaringly obvious. Any reasonable person can tell that OP doesn’t have a strong command over the English language. Or at least certainly not to the extent that would be expected and required from a barrister.
soz i dont get the problenmm
sublime-baths
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I did say reasonable, didn’t I?😊
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Well I did say reasonable, didn’t I?😊
well theirs no need to be rude thats not very reasonable
Nobody2u
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It's full of mistakes!!
camapplicant530
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Presumably because your command of English is also pretty poor.
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by camapplicant530)
Presumably because your command of English is also pretty poor.
i doubt that
camapplicant530
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i doubt that
* there's
* that's
* what's
* problem

hth
nikkiblonsky
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by camapplicant530)
* there's
* that's
* what's
* problem

hth
that doesnt mean im bad at english smh
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
6.57%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (31)
15.66%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (33)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (30)
15.15%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (54)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (37)
18.69%

Watched Threads