The Student Room Group

What is a good university to go to for business and management?

Hi all I'm looking for a university that has a good business and management course, is close to a gym and a basketball court, has good night life as well as a good female:male ratio and is multicultural so that racism won't be an issue

Please let me know your suggestion for a good university that fits into these categories
Original post by Jiraiyasensei
Hi all I'm looking for a university that has a good business and management course, is close to a gym and a basketball court, has good night life as well as a good female:male ratio and is multicultural so that racism won't be an issue

Please let me know your suggestion for a good university that fits into these categories

Heyy! This is the course that I'm studying, I'm about to go into my third year and I'm really enjoying it! It's based in Edinburgh, Scotland which is a great city, each campus and student accommodation are really close to the center which has a great student life and nightlife too.
Business Management offers a nice variety of modules that you will study which can be found from the link below, also you have the opportunity to study abroad during your third year or go on a placement:

https://www.napier.ac.uk/courses/baba-hons-business-management-undergraduate-fulltime

As for basketball, we do have basketball clubs for both male and female students. There are basketball courts inside our ENgage Gym facilities based at our Sighthill Campus where students will train/play. This is an 11-minute drive or a 30-minute bus ride away from the Craiglockhart Campus where your course is based in our Business School.

https://www.courtsoftheworld.com/united-kingdom/edinburgh/

Edinburgh Napier has students studying with us from over 100 different countries so you will have a lot of opportunities to meet with students from a range of nationalities :smile:

I hope this information helps, please let me know if there is anything else that I can help with

Steph @ ENU

Hey Jiraiyasensei

As a Digital Business Student - Business Management with Innovation and Technology.:cyber: I can recommend The University of Salford for strong business and management courses developed by the Salford Business School. I am just about to start my second year but I have gained experiences and learning opportunities beyond my modules due to the enterprise masterclasses that are on offer to students. Recently, I took part in a Launch Business Challenge and our team came first gaining funding to develop a solution for a local charity - this opportunity is open to all students and was a great experience. At Salford there are a variety of Business Management courses that can be easily viewed on our website or WhatUni. A number of the students in my cohort are planning a placement year, which the University support.

Manchester is on the doorstep and easy to get to on foot and by public transport. It has great night life with something to suit everyone. We have 20% of international students which creates a diverse blend of students. The ratio of Female to Male students is: 54:46 ** Times Higher Education statistic. We have a sports centre on campus that meets your requirements - read all about it here.

Our next open day is the 9 October 2021 - register your interest for when booking opens. But in the meantime if you want any further information, particularly about the modules for Business Management or studying at Salford just ask! :excited:

All the Best

Clare
Student Ambassador
(edited 2 years ago)

Uni of Birmingham, Aston uni

Plymouth marjon University is great for all these it has strong links to Plymouth raiders basketball club. It has huge sports halls. Next to a gym on campus and business studies is excellent there.

Basketball isn't a necessary either

Hi there!

I am a recent graduate who studied Business Management and Leadership at Coventry University (Scarborough Campus). Studying Business gives you an insight of a range of different modules that will help you gain knowledge of what interests you the most. Here at CU Scarborough, modules are taken one at a time. The modules at Scarborough are broken down into 4 blocks with different start dates (September, November or January). The modules are taken one at a time so you’re able to concentrate on one topic per module with 2 coursework assignments each module - one weighing 40% and one 60%. Having modules focused one at a time is beneficial as it allows students to work through each topic throughly. Some modules include: Business Management, Marketing and Entrepreneurship. Click the following link to see more of the modules offered: https://www.coventry.ac.uk/cus/course-structure/hnc-hnd-degree/2021-22/management/

There is a gym right next to the university called Everyone Active so that’ll come in handy. My business class was really split in terms of gender however Scarborough does not obtain the typical night life. However, there is places like York which are close to Scarborough.

Hope this helps
Aimee (CU Scarborough)

Hi @Jiraiyasensei :hello:,

I hope you are well! I have just finished studying a degree at Lancaster University Management School (LUMS) and have had a great time! Lancaster is ranked as a Top 10 university in some of the UK league tables and Lancaster University has been awarded the highest possible score in the UK government's Teaching Excellence Framework (TEF) ratings. I was personally also really impressed with Lancaster University Careers Service, which I think is particularly important if you are looking at studying a business degree. The university has strong links with employers, holding careers fairs, workshops, cv checks, 1:1 guidance, interview and assessment centre prep as well as so much more - I really liked having a subject specific careers coach, it was great to get to know them personally and I definitely felt like they got to know me and my interests too :smile:! You can find out more information about the Business Management course here. There are also opportunities for a placement year or study abroad!

Lancaster University is a campus university which features so much outdoors space, pitches, woodland walks etc! This includes 2 multi-use games areas for 5-a-side football, netball, basketball etc (Floodlit)! And there is an impressive sports centre which is on campus. This will definitely be of interest to you as it features so much including four sports halls and lots of courts - perfect for basketball. You can find out more about the sports centre here. There is a womens and mens basketball team too!

Plenty of clubs, bars and restaurants in Lancaster city centre too for some great nightlife. The campus itself has 9 bars! I think the gender split at Lancaster University is great. I have met so many friends of all genders! It is also a very multicultural university with students from over 100 countries!

If you have any questions about Lancaster University then please reply below!

Rebecca (Final Year BSc Hons Marketing Management Student)
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply