sararah04
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello, seeing the thread for 2021 applicants, I thought getting on the ride would never be too early! I myself have many questions regarding Cambridge and economics, so this thread could be to share our thoughts and keep each other posted along the application process.
kyleecon
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I am Kyle and am applying to Cambridge for econ this year, so far I am drafting my personal statement and have just started preparing for the ECAA. btw... What resources are you guys using to prep for ECAA?
sararah04
Rep:
?
(Original post by kyleecon)
Hi, I am Kyle and am applying to Cambridge for econ this year, so far I am drafting my personal statement and have just started preparing for the ECAA. btw... What resources are you guys using to prep for ECAA?
Hi, nice to meet you!

I'm currently solving the past papers, but since we don't have that many, I'm looking into some UKMT Senior Maths challenges, Kangaroo papers, and even STEP/MAT exams used for maths courses. I'm not sure if the ECAA guidebook on Amazon is helpful, but I might buy it, just for the extra questions.
Janedriver
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I'm Jane, and just wanted to say this forum was a great idea! I'm looking to apply to Cambridge for econ, but really unsure about what college I should choose. Does anyone have any advice?
Janedriver
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm also taking Maths, further maths, economics and physics for A-Levels, what's everyone else taking?
kyleecon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Janedriver)
I'm also taking Maths, further maths, economics and physics for A-Levels, what's everyone else taking?
me too
kyleecon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Janedriver
Btw how is your prep for the ECAA going?
Janedriver
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Janedriver
Btw how is your prep for the ECAA going?
I think it's going pretty well, I've just started and bought a book online which seems to be really helpful with practise questions and stuff, I think I'll continue with that and just do papers.
How about you?
kyleecon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think it's going pretty well, I've just started and bought a book online which seems to be really helpful with practise questions and stuff, I think I'll continue with that and just do papers.
How about you?
I've just been doing past papers. I probably should buy a book or smth.
Btw which book did you buy?
hallaluliah
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone
I hope to study econ at cambridge and study maths further maths and econ. How is everyone's personal statement going? xx
Janedriver
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I've just been doing past papers. I probably should buy a book or smth.
Btw which book did you buy?
It was a recently released book on Amazon, there are some good essays and info. Its called the comprehensive ecaa guide
kyleecon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It was a recently released book on Amazon, there are some good essays and info. Its called the comprehensive ecaa guide
ah sounds good could you link it by any chance as I can't seem to find it
kyleecon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hallaluliah)
Hello everyone
I hope to study econ at cambridge and study maths further maths and econ. How is everyone's personal statement going? xx
It is going good I think, but I think you never really know if your statement is good. A lot of people who think they have an excellent PS have found out the hard way in previous years.
Janedriver
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
ah sounds good could you link it by any chance as I can't seem to find it
I'm afraid I cannot link it, but its the one with 400 practise questions, 20 essays. The front is a neon blue kinda colour and the authors names are Sachin and Thapan, if that helps?
kyleecon
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'm afraid I cannot link it, but its the one with 400 practise questions, 20 essays. The front is a neon blue kinda colour and the authors names are Sachin and Thapan, if that helps?
I think I have found it, i'll order it today and hopefully its good prep.
AKDoes
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I have just started preparing for the ecaa and it is annoying they don't have worked solutions since I have no clue for some of the questions. Does anyone have any good resources to prepare for it?
Janedriver
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
The book I’m using that I mentioned above has pretty detailed worked solutions for all 400 maths questions it contains, so it might be worth checking that out?
sararah04
Rep:
?
What super curricular activities are you guys doing and writing for the PS?
Anonymous 12623
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by sararah04)
What super curricular activities are you guys doing and writing for the PS?
Economics society. MOOC. IEA internship. Two essay comps.
Hey17
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, I'm Jane, and just wanted to say this forum was a great idea! I'm looking to apply to Cambridge for econ, but really unsure about what college I should choose. Does anyone have any advice?
Hi Jane, I'm looking to apply for Econ at Cambridge too. I still haven't decided completely on a college yet but here are some factors that might help you narrow it down: admission requirements and interview format, size of college (number of undergrads studying your course there each year), whether or not you'd like to go to an all-female one, location and distance from the economics faculty
The best thing to help decide is to visit if you can - right now, we can only walk through the grounds and speak to porters but it did really help give a 'feel' for each place and think about whether you could see yourself living there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
4.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (7)
17.07%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (4)
9.76%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (4)
9.76%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (16)
39.02%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (8)
19.51%

Watched Threads