Turn on thread page Beta

You said it in your PS but do you really love your subject? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Without a doubt, yes . Not that I'm studying it yet....but I DO love Philosophy.

ReputationRep:
    I was interested in my subject pretty much until I got to university...I now pretty much hate it . Trouble is, I've now wasted a year and a half doing it, so I've just got to give it my best shot and get the degree (I made the choice of course based on what I wanted to do after uni, rather than what I found most interesting).

ReputationRep:
    truly within my soul....no i was forecast AAAAA and did phy math chem art and eng. i didnt have a clue what i wanted to study. i wanted to do art but decide it was crappythen medicine but i hate blood; math or physics were what i loved. i really wanted to do a physics degree but it was far from home and my parent is disabled so i dun wana move out. i looked at my nearest uni so i can live at home and the only respectable subject here is law hence what im doing now

ReputationRep:
    I just got into what is I think, officially, the hardest course in the world to get into or something. I'm sure I read that somewhere..... Anyway, definitely tricky. Do I think I'll love it...? Not really. It'll be OK. You've got to do something, right, but I probably could do subjects I was more interested in.

But I get a degree in history and then what - boring job. I don't think my JOB will be boring.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.