which london 6th forms are the best?

Watch
spidergeorg
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm currently studying for my gcses (will sit in summer 2022), and about to enter year 11 so sixth form applications are looming around the corner.
Since i live in east london there are a ton to look at, these are the ones i'm planning to apply for:

latymer school
camden school for girls
st marylebone
fortismere
london academy of excellence
kings school of maths
mossbourne
harris westminster
bridge academy (E2)

my current predicted grades are (7) 9's and (2) 8's, so i can qualify for most 6th forms; but if any current or past students at these schools have any advice for applications that would be so helpful!

also do any other londoners know any other good sixth forms (im going to take maths, further maths, physics and econ)
MoulikaS2003
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hey, I would suggest Woodhouse College. It’s located in North London, in Finchley. It’s a really good school and the teachers are really laid back and relaxed. Most of the people there are really smart and very ambitious, so it is a great environment to study in. Near the college, there are many restaurants and cafes such as Nando’s, McDonald’s, KFC, Starbucks, Costa etc. (making it convenient for lunchtime and frees). I cannot recommend the college more.
Gcrawzford
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Look at Brampton and Newham Collegiate too. Very similar to LAE.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads