emiieeeeee
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hello,
I am hoping to apply for a geography degree however very recently changed my mind from chemistry and am struggling to think of extra reading to talk about in my personal statement. Any help in terms of books to read etc would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Often the best place to start isn't to look specifically for further reading but to research more into the details of the degree at different universities. This is especially important for degrees like Geography where 2 degrees with the same name can have massively different content.

So get your longlist of universities and look on the university websites for the course details - including the modules you have to take and the possible optional choices.

For the universities that you are really interested in have a look at their department pages and their research interests and publications/news. That's a really good way to get a feel for the topics that interest the staff in each university. Then get on google and find out as much as you can about those topics - particularly the topics that interest YOU. Let your curiosity and interest in your subject guide you to find out more on those areas and keep notes about what you find and read and what you find interesting or confusing about it as you go.

By the time you write your PS you'll have loads to write about super curricular reading and research that demonstrates your academic interests and your enthusiasm for your subject.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (24)
13.48%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.74%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
5.06%
I need help with my personal statement (75)
42.13%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (41)
23.03%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.69%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.87%

Watched Threads