The Student Room Group

Pfizer second jab

Had my pfizer second jab yesterday. Feel like **** today. :frown:. Sore arm, heavy chest and feeling feverish!

Gahhh. Anyone else felt like crap after their second jab?

Scroll to see replies

I got the J&J jab, so no second dose for me. But yeah, I also felt like **** for about 48 hours (I had a high fever). It'll all pass by tomorrow, trust me.

The worst is behind you!
Original post by The Malevolent
I got the J&J jab, so no second dose for me. But yeah, I also felt like **** for about 48 hours (I had a high fever). It'll all pass by tomorrow, trust me.

The worst is behind you!

My arm feels dead! Hurts to move and lie on!
Original post by boulderingislife
Had my pfizer second jab yesterday. Feel like **** today. :frown:. Sore arm, heavy chest and feeling feverish!

Luckily I felt fine after the second one, but I have friends that felt like you and don’t worry, within a few days they were fine again X
Reply 4
My arm feels dead! Hurts to move and lie on!

That's standard with any jab though.
Reply 5
I did feel a bit worse after the 2nd one compared to the 1st. Effects didn't last beyond the day after the injection though.
(edited 2 years ago)
I'm having my second one in September and from what I've heard the second one has been slightly worse for some people. Hopefully, I'm alright though. The only thing I really got from the first was a sore arm
I always like to tell people that going to the vaccination centre is more dangerous than the vaccine itself!
it is reported that 'worse' side effects are more common with the second dose, which was the case for me.
(edited 2 years ago)
I’m a bit nervous I’m getting mine on Friday, I was mainly fine after the first one, just my arm was a bit sore and I was really tired
Stick an ice pack on it straight away.
Original post by Kibser

Is it? I’ve had many jabs in my lifetime and have never experienced this feeling afterwards.

yup! had my second Moderna two days ago. yesterday i was bed-bound with fever, aches, had a bout of chills. however today i am back to normal!
Original post by Rockmeteller
Is it? I’ve had many jabs in my lifetime and have never experienced this feeling afterwards.

People react differently to different vaccines. I had had close to 10 jabs by the age of 10, and was completely fine after every one. And yet here I was, the day after the covid jab, with a 39C fever. Point is, even if you experience side effects, they are not dangerous, and will fade away after 2-3 days at most. I'd much rather be in bed for a couple of days than risk facing severe health complications due to covid.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by A Rolling Stone
yup! had my second Moderna two days ago. yesterday i was bed-bound with fever, aches, had a bout of chills. however today i am back to normal!

Sounds exactly like my symptoms! I went on a walk and was feeling a bit dizzy. Made it back home safely luckily!
Original post by Kibser

No it isn't.
Original post by The Malevolent
than risk facing severe health complications due to covid.

There's a very, VERY low chance of that happening. If we're talking statistics.

The covid jab has pretty much got everyone who got it sick for no reason.
Original post by Anonymous
There's a very, VERY low chance of that happening. If we're talking statistics.

The covid jab has pretty much got everyone who got it sick for no reason.

I don't think you realize what I mean. When I say health complications, I'm not just referring to hospitalizations, or deaths. I'm also talking about the cases where people suffer long term side effects, even after their immune system takes care of the virus. Side effects such as breathing problems, feeling tired after barely any exercise, cardiovascular problems, etc... Those are much more common than you think, and they can persist for months (if not more... this virus isn't old enough for us to know that).

The covid jab does make you sick, yeah. But it will not kill you. Even if the chance of covid harming you is low, I ask again, why would you take that risk?
yep I agree, I had long covid - got covid march 2020, long covid symptoms experienced until january 2021...get the jab, it's the better option.
Original post by Anonymous
yep I agree, I had long covid - got covid march 2020, long covid symptoms experienced until january 2021...get the jab, it's the better option.

What were your long covid symptoms?

Quick Reply

Latest