foreingn langauage

Watch this thread
dreamer red
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
how to reach a good writing skills in a second langauge ?
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by dreamer red)
how to reach a good writing skills in a second langauge ?
Hi dreamer red

As someone studying Chinese all I can advise is to work hard, read a lot, write a lot, and get help from native speakers to correct you. You maybe able to find a language buddy so you can teach them your language, and they can teach you in return. Unfortunately, I have never discovered any short cuts!

Good luck

Chris
University of Hull Student Rep
artful_lounger
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Practice I would guess! I've not had to do too much writing in the languages I'm studying because they're ancient languages so composition is more of a "bonus" but I definitely think it's one of the harder skills (i.e. assuming English is your first language, English to target language composition/translation) so worth putting in the time to practice. I do think composition helps a lot in translation from target language into first language though, as you have to think a bit more abstractly about things when trying to write them in the language which helps when going the other direction!
Rockmeteller
Badges: 15
Rep:
Report 10 months ago
Try keeping a journal in that language, to make writing in it more of a habit. This will help make you aware of gaps in your vocabulary, and will be a record you can look back on to see how you’ve improved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (49)
30.06%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (72)
44.17%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (40)
24.54%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.23%

Watched Threads