storm321
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi everyone, I’m currently going into year 13 and I’m taking economics, sociology, and English literature for A level. I’m hoping to do something related to economics at uni, but I’m struggling to know what to do as I don’t have A level maths. I’m not bad at maths, however I’m just more interested in the govt policy side of economics. So to get to the main point, I can either study economics at somewhere like Leeds, or I can do economics and politics at somewhere like Exeter, which of these do you think would be best? I’m not ruling out the idea of also doing a masters in economics in the future, so I don’t know if the latter option would put me at a disadvantage, despite being a better uni.
Thanks
Bowlol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Maybe try to find a joint course such as economics with politics such as the one i have listed below
https://www.hope.ac.uk/undergraduate...csandpolitics/
Bowlol
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by storm321)
Hi everyone, I’m currently going into year 13 and I’m taking economics, sociology, and English literature for A level. I’m hoping to do something related to economics at uni, but I’m struggling to know what to do as I don’t have A level maths. I’m not bad at maths, however I’m just more interested in the govt policy side of economics. So to get to the main point, I can either study economics at somewhere like Leeds, or I can do economics and politics at somewhere like Exeter, which of these do you think would be best? I’m not ruling out the idea of also doing a masters in economics in the future, so I don’t know if the latter option would put me at a disadvantage, despite being a better uni.
Thanks
Also the uni i have listed is rather good and has a good record and decent class sizes
BenRyan99
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by storm321)
Thanks
Firstly, the uni the other post listed is absolutely trash, it's not even in the top2 unis in Liverpool let alone being good compared to other UK universities. Whilst you definitely want a university that is strong in teaching, employers of economists do unfortunately care a fair amount about the 'prestige' of your university.

Regarding your actual post, it's a fairly common question people asking about uni economics without a-level maths. I know a fair few that have done it and the unis you should be targeting for this are Nottingham, Leeds, Manchester. Maybe a tiny bit further down on the list are places like Sheffield, Glasgow, Birmingham, etc. Don't apply to Liverpool Hope university lol and don't use the typical university rankings, they're useless.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.86%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (11)
15.71%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
11.43%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (26)
37.14%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (12)
17.14%

Watched Threads