I need some advice

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
How can I concentrate on keeping myself busy when all I can think about is my ex dumping me??? I've removed all of her from my phone contacts, social media, galleries. I can't move forward...
fightorflight66
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Find a new hobby, talk to friends, focus on self-care. You’ve spent time focusing on another person and your relationship with them. Try focusing on yourself and doing things you enjoyed doing by yourself before your relationship.
username3477548
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I can't move forward...
This might come across as harsh, but remember that if he wanted to be with you or text you he would have found a way. Don't cry over a boy who doesn't care.

If he wanted to, he would have x
Last edited by username3477548; 1 month ago
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Definitely allow yourself to feel sad that she has dumped you for whatever reason. Give yourself plenty of time to heal.

Talk to family and friends or others who can give you some support. It all can help you keep distracted and allows you to not be all alone.

Take full responsibility for whatever reason she broke up with you. Learn from the mistakes and shape yourself to be a healthier person for your future partner.

Remember that there are plenty of other fish in the sea and it’s not entirely the end of the world. It will all seem like you can’t move on at first but, with time, you can do anything.

Good luck and have a great day.
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Try to focus on your future ambitions, all the positives in your life and doing the hobbies that you most enjoy.
Exes & all the relationships that failed are very valuable sources of life experience once you have moved on, both physically and emotionally.
Time, distance, a positive mentality and working towards the future- all these help efforts to move on from the past.
Good luck!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
How can I concentrate on keeping myself busy when all I can think about is my ex dumping me??? I've removed all of her from my phone contacts, social media, galleries. I can't move forward...
I think allow yourself time to feel what you're feeling, call someone or meet up with them and have a good cry about it, constantly trying to distract yourself isn't the move.
Once you've done that, make plans with friends, set someone personal goals that maybe you neglected while you were with her, or throw yourself back into your hobbies. If you journal or have any creative outlets, get back into those. Good luck x
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Thank you for your messages everyone. She was my first and I never realised I was this attached to her emotionally.
I also didn't know that allowing myself to feel like this was even a thing. Been brought up to just ignore stuff like this and move on.

These messages was exactly what I needed. I'm going to focus on myself and start planning my days to be productive incrementally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
7.32%
I need help researching courses (3)
7.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
7.32%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
48.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (9)
21.95%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads