University Grant Cover Letter help

Watch
Aduminum
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hi!
I've had to apply for a grant for university from a charity in my local area, due to poor financial circumstances. They've asked for a cover letter to go with the application and I'm really stuck as to what to write, I'm worried of giving them the wrong impression?
Any help would be appreciated
MAG75
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Aduminum)
Hi!
I've had to apply for a grant for university from a charity in my local area, due to poor financial circumstances. They've asked for a cover letter to go with the application and I'm really stuck as to what to write, I'm worried of giving them the wrong impression?
Any help would be appreciated
Any cover letter is basically a teaser for what’s in your main application so highlight in summary the points you want them to look at in your application. Repetition is ok, cover letter isn’t supposed have any different or new information that’s not already in the application. You simply want to highlight one or two key points that they then want to read details of in the application later.

Whoever is reading it is going to speed read the cover and jump on to application anyway so don’t stress over it too much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.43%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.57%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.71%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (47)
26.86%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.86%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed