The Student Room Group

UCL Law Admissions

I am very interested in applying for Law & Hispanic Law at UCL. Since I live in Spain, the marks required for each British university can be represented by the European Baccalaureate. UCL is asking for 85%, however, I have achieved an 80%. My predicted grades will soon be revealed, also determining my chances of getting into the universities I will apply to. Nevertheless, I did take IGCSEs, getting 3 A*s, 2 As, 2 Bs and 3 Cs. Despite my great desire to study at this university, I don't really think my chances are particularly high...
Yet, is it still worth it to apply due to that 5% difference? Apart from that, I do have a really good ability for languages, and other skills, moreover still have to take the LNAT and wonder if an interview may be required. Any responses will be much appreciated. Thank you!
Reply 1
Well, it's a 5% difference, not 0.5%. It could be worth ringing each university separately and asking what their policy on "near misses" is.
Reply 2
Thank you! Yes, I'll hopefully get the teacher organising the applications to do so. Oh and thanks for realising about the 5%..We usually get our marks out of 10 here, so just wrote 85% quickly instead of 8.5 and didn't make the change. My Maths..hehe

Latest

Trending

Trending