Pink Unicorn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello

Hope you are all well.

I'm the Community and Safeguarding Manager for TSR, one of my jobs will be to update the community on things that happening around TSR

I'll post updates on here as and when we have anything important for you all to know.

Thanks
Pink Unicorn
Last edited by Pink Unicorn; 2 months ago
Pink Unicorn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Just giving you some insight over what's been going on and a bit about my job role for you all. I started at TSR just over 3 months ago, I'm currently getting to grips with the role and have spent some time updating the community guidelines, card wording with the moderation team and how we can better safeguard the site, these updates will be ready to go in September. We are also working on our community culture and how to ensure our community is more inclusive of all, any feedback and suggestions on this will be welcomed too.. I know this is taking a while and understand that it has been frustrating for you all to have to wait but can assure you that within the guidelines and resource we have, we work to get content removed within 24 hours.

Our community guidelines going forward will define a clear set of norms and common code of conduct for TSR; they will provide guidance on conduct that is and isn’t allowed on site to ensure TSR is welcoming space for everyone. Our community guidelines will apply to everyone and to everything on TSR. We will proactively enforce these guidelines however we also encourage users to use the tools we provide on TSR to report any content you believe breaks our community guidelines.

This should be a good starting point in terms of safeguarding our community better.

Thanks
PU
Last edited by Pink Unicorn; 2 months ago
Reue
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not sure why the original TSR supports Black Lives Matter thread was closed with a link here when there doesn't appear to be any updates specifically in relation to that.

The last real update seemed to be 8 months ago suggesting that you've "got some exciting stuff we're working on currently which I'm not able to share about yet".

So are you now in a better position to share what that exciting stuff is?
EierVonSatan
Badges: 21
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Pink Unicorn)
Our community guidelines going forward will define a clear set of norms and common code of conduct for TSR;
Once upon a time, the rules became the 'community guidelines' in two different forms - an easily accessible 'code of conduct' style page and a more detailed 'rules in full, as part of the T&Cs'. Will you be keeping that format? Or shaking it up a bit?

There is (always) a balance to consider when setting out the rules for the site; keeping it easy to understand for the most part but also making sure fairness is adhered to when moderating actions are applied - it has to be pretty comprehensive so that there is minimal subjectivity i.e. an internal policy that is actioned that is not in the viewable rules is not fair (err welcoming if you prefer that term?)

There used to be specific forum guidelines that were easily viewable, will these also be updated? TSR is a big place and what works in one area doesn't always work in another.

they will provide guidance on conduct that is and isn’t allowed on site to ensure TSR is welcoming space for everyone.
I hope it isn't a welcoming space for users who wish to do harm to others :erm: but I think I know what you mean

Our community guidelines will apply to everyone and to everything on TSR. We will proactively enforce these guidelines however we also encourage users to use the tools we provide on TSR to report any content you believe breaks our community guidelines.
I would hope the guidelines apply to everyone!
username4986690
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I'll post updates on here as and when we have anything important for you all to know.
:bebored:
BlinkyBill
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello!

Just popping in to give a quick little update.

This morning we updated one of the user titles (that show under usernames; things like 'Junior Member', TSR Demigod, etc). The user titles are allocated based on number of posts. It's a pretty old school system and hasn't been updated in many years. Previously the title for the highest posts was 'Agoraphobic' which really wasn't appropriate or inclusive. Based on some user feedback we today changed the user title to 'TSR Veteran'. There's only a few people who have this title (50,000+ posts), and they might take a little while to update. As a side note, it's a field that users can edit themselves so outside of the use titles, people can write their own. If you ever see things in this field which don't seem like they follow community guidelines, please feel free to report it.

Pink Unicorn will be popping a more detailed update in here shortly, but just wanted to let you know about this change.

BB
Pink Unicorn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
Hey there,

We have updated our community guidelines :yay:

More information here.

These define as set of norms and a code of conduct for TSR, so make sure you read them before posting

Thanks!
PU
username4986690
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey there,

More information here.

These define as set of norms and a code of conduct for TSR, so make sure you read them before posting

Thanks!
PU
Invalid thread.

Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thread is visible to me.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Thread had to be approved due to the site-wide filter against specific content. It's now up.
username4986690
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hey there,

More information here.

Thanks!
PU
This version of the rules still exists linked from the headings on this page.
Pink Unicorn
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by DiddyDec)
This version of the rules still exists linked from the headings on this page.
thanks so much for the spot, it's been updated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Has your education been disrupted this academic year due to the pandemic?

Yes (35)
87.5%
No (5)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed