2 Gap years, one working and one studying abroad

Watch
kaiya_e
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
So I’m going into my second year of a science btec at college and then I want to take two gap years (one to work and save for a language school in Japan aswell as volunteer and do physiotherapy work experience, as that is the university course I want to choose and then the second year I will be living abroad). Do i still apply for physiotherapy in uni this year? and say i want to defer for two years? Can i mention my plan in university personal statement? So sorry for how long this was and I hope it’s clear 😅
University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kaiya_e)
So I’m going into my second year of a science btec at college and then I want to take two gap years (one to work and save for a language school in Japan aswell as volunteer and do physiotherapy work experience, as that is the university course I want to choose and then the second year I will be living abroad). Do i still apply for physiotherapy in uni this year? and say i want to defer for two years? Can i mention my plan in university personal statement? So sorry for how long this was and I hope it’s clear 😅
Hi! kaiya_e

Your plan for your gap years sounds amazing!

You could always plan now your personal statement, so you can get all the help from your teachers. However, most universities only allow you to defer for one year, so you might have to apply next year officially. However, you could always contact the universities that you're interested in and ask if they would allow you to defer for 2 years. Especially as one of your years will be so beneficial for your course, as its work experience.

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep
kaiya_e
Rep:
?
thank you so much!! this advice helps a lot!!
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by kaiya_e)
Take one gap year then apply for deferred entry in the following application cycle. If you get offers you'll have less to worry about during your second gap year.
kaiya_e
Rep:
?
ahh that’s a good idea!! thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think mandatory Relationships and Sex Education in secondary schools is a good idea?

Yes (358)
84.04%
No (68)
15.96%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed