Do employers appreciate Huddersfield uni graduates? (MSc Cyber Security)

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have an offer for the following course:
https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2021-22/fu...-forensics-msc

I really like the modules and the way they deliver the lectures on block mode. The place also seems very friendly, and this is the best uni in my area for this course. (Beckett and Bradford are the others, but they're ranked way lower on any list compared to Huds)

I wanted to do Advanced Computer Science MSc at Leeds uni first, but it's 3k more expensive (it's 11k and I wouldn't have anything left from the postgrad loan), and their ranking/prestige is the only thing that made me think about them. Also, they only have weird mixed of modules in AI, ML and Data Science, and every single module is exam/test based.

Is it worth going to Hudderfield? Will I not waste my 8k for tuition fees? I heard their employability rates are really good, as well as their teaching quality. Did I made the right choice of accepting their offer? Will it look nice in my CV?
I would feel really bad, if I waste my only shot of doing masters and being refused based on my uni's name only, because there are applicants with better unis behind them..
University of Huddersfield
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have an offer for the following course:
https://courses.hud.ac.uk/2021-22/fu...-forensics-msc

I really like the modules and the way they deliver the lectures on block mode. The place also seems very friendly, and this is the best uni in my area for this course. (Beckett and Bradford are the others, but they're ranked way lower on any list compared to Huds)

I wanted to do Advanced Computer Science MSc at Leeds uni first, but it's 3k more expensive (it's 11k and I wouldn't have anything left from the postgrad loan), and their ranking/prestige is the only thing that made me think about them. Also, they only have weird mixed of modules in AI, ML and Data Science, and every single module is exam/test based.

Is it worth going to Hudderfield? Will I not waste my 8k for tuition fees? I heard their employability rates are really good, as well as their teaching quality. Did I made the right choice of accepting their offer? Will it look nice in my CV?
I would feel really bad, if I waste my only shot of doing masters and being refused based on my uni's name only, because there are applicants with better unis behind them..
Hello,

How are you?

It really sounds like you've done your research, which is brilliant. Enjoying the course and picking the right modules for you is definitely something universities would recommend.

It might be a good idea to speak to our Careers team to chat through your options after you've completed the course, and what other students have done. You can find out more info on our website here.

We also have current students who may be able to answer questions about studying at Huddersfield, career options with a Huddersfield Uni degree, and their experiences on UniBuddy.

I hope this helps, but let me know if you have any other questions.

Speak soon,
Harriette
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (17)
7.26%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (35)
14.96%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (40)
17.09%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (34)
14.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (62)
26.5%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (46)
19.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise