Name:  C3.jpg
Views: 10
Size:  45.7 KB
Crisps

Name:  C4.jpg
Views: 8
Size:  27.4 KB
Carrot sticks

Remember, the winner and runner-up in this poll will go through automatically to the knockout stages, and the third-placed item may do too! Go and check out the main thread for full details and links to other votes as they appear!

And remember, to help more people see this thread and take part, debate and dicussion is encouraged below!
Last edited by Saracen's Fez; 1 month ago
Saracen's Fez
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
And we're live today!
Theloniouss
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Crisps are obviously a classic, transcending age, time and class. I'd also say Mr. Whippy 99s belong up there (although my parents were never that keen on letting me have them )
Bookworm_88
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Have to go for Mr Whippy's hands down. Although crisp are a quintessential junk food item within any household, it's just not enough to beat a good ice cream
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A fun fact: TLG is old enough to remember when a Mr Whippy 99 actually cost only 99p :eek: :shakecane: :moon:

PtTP
mnot
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Another fun fact about these delicious summer treats: One of Britains greatest PMs Maggie Thatcher was part of the team that developed the soft serve ice cream you get in British Ice cream vans having been a chemist before entering politics.
Last edited by mnot; 1 month ago
5hyl33n
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Mr Whippy! :yep:

(Original post by mnot)

Another fun fact about these delicious summer treats: One of Britains greatest PMs Maggie Thatcher was part of the team that developed the soft serve ice cream you get in British Ice cream vans having been a chemist before entering politics.
I knew Margaret Thatcher was in chemistry before entering politics, but I had no idea she was part of the team that developed the soft-serve ice cream. Thanks for the fact.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm not sure it's quite clear how big a role she played, but 'Mr Whippy was invented by Thatcher' is a better story! :lol:
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
crisps and Ritz!
Obolinda
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
crisps are versatile!
aneilson
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I have to say, I'm pretty surprised with some of the votes on these pools.
First cupcakes, now Flake 99s? My childhood picnics rarely had some form of dessert/sugar within them. Instead, they included; cheese sandwiches in triangles with a bit of cress and lettuce, quavers or some other form of crisps and a selection of cucumber/carrot/etc. sticks in a little Tupperware tub on the side. Maybe a few cocktail sausages or cheese cubes if you're feeling a bit extra.
Ah, nostalgia.
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
:bump:

Let's get some more votes on this before it closes tomorrow!
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Couple of hours to have your say on this before the final pool later tonight!
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
We have a result!

Mr Whippy 99s and crisps are in the knockout stages in 1st and 2nd respectively!

Ritz crackers will join the race for a knockout place as a best third-placed food.

Carrot sticks become the third food to be eliminated from the competition.
The_Lonely_Goatherd
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
:banana:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.26%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.2%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.2%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (26)
14.53%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (49)
27.37%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.44%

Watched Threads