is it normal for meeting someone online to be this difficult? can u relate?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I bene trying to find somoene online using dating apps. I find it very difficult to come across someone I fancy/ find attractive and when I do the amount of people gets reduced even more. Only a small amount of people give me the same attention back to me. Then out of those who do give attention theyll end losing interest and ghosting me despite them telling me im beautiful etc and depite me giving them my fun personality... does anyone else experience this ?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
Yes that's commonplace on dating apps, many people are not serious at all
Rabbit2
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Or may be somewhat serious at first, but then have second thoughts - and worry about what they may be letting themselves in for. Cheers,
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
Yes that's commonplace on dating apps, many people are not serious at all
What does it mean when you say they're not serious. Because when im not serious with someone (I dont do this anymore) but it's usually do to a lack of attraction. These people tell me i attractive and complement me and reciprocate the energy in the beginning but then ghost? why is that (I know its hard to answer but what do you think from your opinion)
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yes.
A lot of people are on dating and hookup apps when they are not intending to meet anyone.
Just looking to casually chat, increase their social media following, collect nudes or attempt a scam.
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
What does it mean when you say they're not serious. Because when im not serious with someone (I dont do this anymore) but it's usually do to a lack of attraction. These people tell me i attractive and complement me and reciprocate the energy in the beginning but then ghost? why is that (I know its hard to answer but what do you think from your opinion)

A lot of different reasons might be present.

But I think you should try and always state what you want from them at the start. A lot of these people don’t want to waste time I’d imagine.

So if it’s relationship you want then just say. If it’s hookup/FWB you want then just say.. etc.

don’t forget that compliments should be all took with a pinch of salt because they probably have gotten lots and lots of these already. So make sure you get to know someone objectively, and make your intentions as clear as possible.

Hope this helped.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by CaptainDuckie)
A lot of different reasons might be present.

But I think you should try and always state what you want from them at the start. A lot of these people don’t want to waste time I’d imagine.

So if it’s relationship you want then just say. If it’s hookup/FWB you want then just say.. etc.

don’t forget that compliments should be all took with a pinch of salt because they probably have gotten lots and lots of these already. So make sure you get to know someone objectively, and make your intentions as clear as possible.

Hope this helped.
I do mention it. Its in my bio that I am looking for something serious. The only thing I can think of is that they realise I am ugly. I told someone on the app this and they found it wierd and said that thats very unlikely because im beautiful so I dont know what to believe. If im being honest, O do swipe on guys that I am not super attracted to but feel like it could grow and then realise I dont find htem attractive whatsoever so it may be that. But then these guys will randomly pop up to my stories and compliment me or unfriend me and then add me again. It confuses me and worst of all puts my self esteem so low
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (25)
13.66%
I need help researching courses (12)
6.56%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.92%
I need help with my personal statement (76)
41.53%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (44)
24.04%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
1.64%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (14)
7.65%

Watched Threads