Do you guys Believe There’s plenty of fish in sea when it comes dating with a female?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
The Phrase “there’s plenty of fish in the sea” when it comes dating is one of the biggest lie. Half of these females would have a boyfriend or switch teams.
What do u guys think about that line?
+hmmmmm
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There really isn't plenty of fish. You need to be realistic. Know your league
xxx0xxxo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It just means there are loads of people on this planet, which does give one persistent hope, but it's also like a mirage.

We are always limited by who we can possibly 'know' by many different factors.
Son of the Sea
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No because overfishing is a big problem in the world right now, you should watch Seaspiracy.
username5129378
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It means there's billions of people living on this earth, if one doesn't work out, it's not the end of the world. You still have billions more to choose from.
DoNotAskMyName
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are plenty of women on the planet. But one that fits your expectations would be very rare I would say.
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yous are bad weirdos on here
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
The Phrase “there’s plenty of fish in the sea” when it comes dating is one of the biggest lie. Half of these females would have a boyfriend or switch teams.
When it comes to dating*
JustSomeGuyYKnow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
If u live in very small town, probably not true. If not however, very true, there are hundreds of people who you could potentially date if you live in a city.
04MR17
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My advice would be referring to potential partners and something more affectionate than females. :yy:
mannode
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 04MR17)
My advice would be referring to potential partners and something more affectionate than females. :yy:
I second this 👍👍 it’s worth making friends with some women so that you know how to talk to them like they’re normal people, then after that try and find a date (not with the same women you made friends with! unless they’re interested)
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by DoNotAskMyName)
There are plenty of women on the planet. But one that fits your expectations would be very rare I would say.
If you genuinely believe that, then I'd suggest you lower your standards to some that's more realistic to you based on your own assets (e.g. looks, wealth etc.)

Either that, or stop moaning about it.
DoNotAskMyName
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Old Skool Freak)
If you genuinely believe that, then I'd suggest you lower your standards to some that's more realistic to you based on your own assets (e.g. looks, wealth etc.)

Either that, or stop moaning about it.
I don't really make a big deal out of it. If I am destined to be with someone, I will somehow end up with her.
the bear
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
if you rely on the Plenty of Fish method you will probably end up with an old trout
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't really make a big deal out of it. If I am destined to be with someone, I will somehow end up with her.
If that's true, then fair play to you, I guess.

However, this forum is full of people moaning about how they can never find a partner (this thread included)
Zarek
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There are numerous attractive girls, so getting too hung up over just one is (at least in hindsight) a folly
ROTL94
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's 33 million women in this country, factually speaking, so yeah.
Last edited by ROTL94; 1 month ago
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
The saying is dumb really.

Sure there are million of people out there and some that "might" be suitable. How many of those who are live in or near your town though?

Yep.......
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
There's an abundance of women.
That's the facts. In this modern age. Where you don't have to marry someone from your tribe.
With worldwide travel being cheap and easy.
And modern communications.

Overall, for most men, the biggest limitations in terms of who they meet are self imposed ones. There's an awful lot of men that place themselves in mental prisons. It's entirely up to each and every adult to set the size of the potential dating pool they are picking from.

One way of looking at it is to go to a football match. There will be quite a few men there that don't have girlfriends. For every single one of them, there will be a woman out there that's single too. Where are all these women? They're not at the football match. Or not many of them. They must be somewhere. That's the key. Locking into and finding this hidden army of women.

Perfect women are non-existant. Good enough women are abundant.

(Original post by JustSomeGuyYKnow)
If u live in very small town, probably not true. If not however, very true, there are hundreds of people who you could potentially date if you live in a city.
Most small towns in England are within easy travelling distance of cities.
And as an adult, you can live anywhere you want. If a small town isn't giving you what you want, you can always move or cast your net outside of your local vicinity.
JustSomeGuyYKnow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Dunnig Kruger)
There's an abundance of women.
That's the facts. In this modern age. Where you don't have to marry someone from your tribe.
With worldwide travel being cheap and easy.
And modern communications.

Overall, for most men, the biggest limitations in terms of who they meet are self imposed ones. There's an awful lot of men that place themselves in mental prisons. It's entirely up to each and every adult to set the size of the potential dating pool they are picking from.

One way of looking at it is to go to a football match. There will be quite a few men there that don't have girlfriends. For every single one of them, there will be a woman out there that's single too. Where are all these women? They're not at the football match. Or not many of them. They must be somewhere. That's the key. Locking into and finding this hidden army of women.

Perfect women are non-existant. Good enough women are abundant.

Most small towns in England are within easy travelling distance of cities.
And as an adult, you can live anywhere you want. If a small town isn't giving you what you want, you can always move or cast your net outside of your local vicinity.
That's great. In reality, you can only move somewhere with actual job offers/opportunities and it'd be stupid to ditch your career to move to a place just because there are more females there.
Last edited by JustSomeGuyYKnow; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
3.08%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (9)
13.85%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (10)
15.38%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (8)
12.31%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (25)
38.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (11)
16.92%

Watched Threads