masterwarrior
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
for those who have passed their theory test, did you study? how much time should the average person spend preparing for it? how hard is it? i want to get it done as soon as possible, and don't know if its worth buying books etc.
thanks in advance
klerinba
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i revised for my theory exam on and off for 4 weeks. the week leading up to the actual exam i did a BUNCH of theory tests.

what i did:
- read the highway code (but most of my friends didn’t even do this and still passed)
- only used the app from the appstore (cost 4.99) and did all 700 and something questions twice.
- did SO many mocks.
- found many more mock exams online and did as many as i could.

i know my friend passed by reading an old theory book + also doing loads of mocks.

just practise with mocks and make sure you go over questions that you get wrong.
ReviseSleeping
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yeah I did about 17 hours of studying on this app I downloaded. I did loads of mock tests, but left hazard perception a bit late which I wouldn’t advise doing.

The questions in the theory test are extremely similar to the ones in the app I used. I didn’t find the actual test hard, but don’t rush into doing it. If you don’t feel ready and you can change your test - change it.
Rhys_M
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by masterwarrior)
for those who have passed their theory test, did you study? how much time should the average person spend preparing for it? how hard is it? i want to get it done as soon as possible, and don't know if its worth buying books etc.
thanks in advance
I'm 16 and so excited to be able to drive so I learnt the content a few months ago.
It took me about a month on and off - I highly recommend James May's theory app.
It doesn't cost much - has all the questions you could be asked, hazard peception, road sign quizes, mock tests and James guides you through each section to boost your morale as theory's boring.
There's no point wasting money on books.
I also made Quizlet sets to revise closer to my test for the questions that I keep getting wrong.
Samreen1_
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by masterwarrior)
thanks in advance
i studied on and off for quite a while. the best option would be the official DVSA 4 in 1 app (costs £4.99 but it's worth it), I personally don't think it's worth buying books for as the app covers everything. i was confident but i found the theory test harder in person as the wording was different for some questions but i would advise you to aim for an average of 47 marks for the theory and 60 for the hazard perception and you should be fine.
Howyoudoing
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Get the official app on the app store its about £5
I Revised the day before and initially I was failing them but because I did so many I memorised all the answers.
I ended up doing the theory in only 4 mins per mock test.
I passed first time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (19)
15.08%
I need help researching courses (8)
6.35%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
5.56%
I need help with my personal statement (47)
37.3%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (33)
26.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.38%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (9)
7.14%

Watched Threads