Starting to feel like I'll never find anyone?

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I'm well into my 20s and never had a proper girlfriend. Loads of people I know are in a relationship, putting photos up on facebook and instagram of all the great times they are having. If that wasn't bad enough, half my family thinks I'm gay, my aunty is convinced I'm gay and my mum recently asked me if I was, but I'm not. I'm constantly told I'm good looking but it hasn't got me anywhere, like girls ignore me whenever I go out but are nice to nearly everyone else. Like they won't even talk to me. At the weekend I went to the pub and the attractive girl behind the bar was being friendly with literally everyone but was just rude to me. This sort of thing happens constantly. I went to get some shoes and the attractive young shop assistant just walked off when I approached her and served this chavvy idiot instead me. I had to wait ages before this older guy finally served me. I mean why am I treated this way? I have tried dating apps and get hits from girls on my profile but literally nobody writes back, I had one weird woman ten years older writing back and that is it. Even when I walk around town here girls walk past glued on their phones like they are trying to avoid looking at me, but I don't see them doing that with other guys. I only ever get looked at by really tarty rough girls who I wouldn't know how to talk to and that is it. Is anyone else in this situation. Why am I being treated like this. It is so depressing.
the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you meet ladies at work/college ?
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I started my job a year ago and am on a wfh contract so no.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'm well into my 20s and never had a proper girlfriend. Loads of people I know are in a relationship, putting photos up on facebook and instagram of all the great times they are having. If that wasn't bad enough, half my family thinks I'm gay, my aunty is convinced I'm gay and my mum recently asked me if I was, but I'm not. I'm constantly told I'm good looking but it hasn't got me anywhere, like girls ignore me whenever I go out but are nice to nearly everyone else. Like they won't even talk to me. At the weekend I went to the pub and the attractive girl behind the bar was being friendly with literally everyone but was just rude to me. This sort of thing happens constantly. I went to get some shoes and the attractive young shop assistant just walked off when I approached her and served this chavvy idiot instead me. I had to wait ages before this older guy finally served me. I mean why am I treated this way? I have tried dating apps and get hits from girls on my profile but literally nobody writes back, I had one weird woman ten years older writing back and that is it. Even when I walk around town here girls walk past glued on their phones like they are trying to avoid looking at me, but I don't see them doing that with other guys. I only ever get looked at by really tarty rough girls who I wouldn't know how to talk to and that is it. Is anyone else in this situation. Why am I being treated like this. It is so depressing.
I think this is a common feeling amongst men. What have you tried so far?
londonmyst
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
It sounds like you are beginning to bitter about dating and feel very annoyed with females who don't give you the answers or attention that you want.
Best to shift your focus to maintaining a positive attitude to life, improving your finances, increasing your employment experience and widening your skillset.
Good luck!
Anonymous #2
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by londonmyst)
It sounds like you are beginning to bitter about dating and feel very annoyed with females who don't give you the answers or attention that you want.
Best to shift your focus to maintaining a positive attitude to life, improving your finances, increasing your employment experience and widening your skillset.
Good luck!
I second this. A lot of what happens in dating is out of our control. What’s within our control is showing our best selves and perhaps learning how to interact well with people and women. And doing what makes us happy.

In terms of the technicalities, there are various views of what can help in dating (for most people it’s an enduring process of trial and error), but one thing most people will agree on is that a bitter and negative attitude won’t help.

Best of luck.
Old Skool Freak
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
TBH, it's hard for me to really have any sympathy for you,

The bits I've highlighted in bold suggests you DO get some attention from females... it's still way more than what a lot of people on this board get. The fact that they're maybe not your idea of a dream girl is besides the point. By the looks of things, something could have happened with one of them if you wanted it to. Have you actually tried talking to any of the "really tarty rough girls"? Maybe they're misguided and feel dressing / acting in the way they do is the best way to attract someone.

All due respect, but you sound somewhat deluded and like you've got a very high opinion of yourself. For example, in addition to the way you describe those girls, you also said that the attractive girl served this "chavvy idiot". Time for a reality check mate, That attractive shop assistant and that older guy, were just doing their jobs. The fact that girl served someone else probably had nothing to do with you or your looks... how do you know that the "Chavvy idiot" wasn't also waiting ages ... or if she was told to serve him... or she was already dealing with him? As for girls avoiding eye contact, when going around town etc. most women are in their own "bubble" and don't really want to interact with anyone.

I don't think you're a victim mate, sorry.:dontknow:
Last edited by Old Skool Freak; 1 month ago
AickenSun
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You need to make friends with them. I mean, people say their spouses are their best friends ever.
Last edited by AickenSun; 1 month ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (3)
7.32%
I need help researching courses (3)
7.32%
I need help with filling out the application form (3)
7.32%
I need help with my personal statement (20)
48.78%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (9)
21.95%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (1)
2.44%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (2)
4.88%

Watched Threads