meymey:)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to buy a chromebook and i am thinking to get a pixel book go. Im a student and mainly need the laptop for research and some microsoft word usage.

Ive read reviews and some people say that the microsoft word app is fine and if u mainly use google then its good for u.

I've also heard that in the price range there are more capable chrome books. However the pixel book go has a more premium vibe. My budget is midrange so £600-700.

If anyone who owns it could describe their experience and its overall perfomance/durability and whether they would recommend it.

any help would be appreciated xx
Last edited by meymey:); 1 month ago
urlocalinmate
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I doubt many people have a Pixelbook Go, it does have very good reviews, not surprising considering its price. I don't have one myself either, but I think I'm qualified enough to give a short overview.

Performance is overkill, as Chrome OS can run on mobile processors. According to TechRadar, battery life, keyboard and cameras are excellent. Build quality is also great (aluminium body).

You can't go wrong with it really considering your use-case, same can be said for all laptops being sold. Word processing won't break a sweat.
meymey:)
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by urlocalinmate)
I doubt many people have a Pixelbook Go, it does have very good reviews, not surprising considering its price. I don't have one myself either, but I think I'm qualified enough to give a short overview.

Performance is overkill, as Chrome OS can run on mobile processors. According to TechRadar, battery life, keyboard and cameras are excellent. Build quality is also great (aluminium body).

You can't go wrong with it really considering your use-case, same can be said for all laptops being sold. Word processing won't break a sweat.
Thanks for your overview
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You could - as an alternative - buy a used premium business laptop for under £250.
It will come with Windows 10 Pro, will run Word at a lightning fast speed and be more versatile than a Chromebook.

Models like the Dell Latitude E7470 for under £150. Or Dell 7390 for under £250. Off ebay or Facebook Marketplace.

Something to be aware of is that the vast majority of reviews of computers on the Internet are advertorials. With them being made by people with an agenda to hype new gear or by people that don't really have a clue about IT purchasing.
Last edited by Dunnig Kruger; 1 month ago
Call2Jamespaul
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In that price range you may consider Asus laptop with i3 processor, 8 GB RAM and 500 GB SSD that will run super fast as compare to chrome books. In fact, the price will be approx £300 to 350.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (19)
7.54%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
15.08%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (45)
17.86%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (36)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (67)
26.59%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
18.65%

Watched Threads